Freddie spencers riding technique - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arcimboldo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Freddie spencers riding technique

Check out this you tube video .1/2 hour long , simplistic but look at Spencers style. Carbon copy of Marquez. Look at suspension going through corner . its amazing as it doesn't change level/load. Spencer/Marquez=fast in, hold speed and get on gas quicker than other racers. Kenny Roberts also had this style and now Quartararro.

just type in Freddie Spencer in You Tube search . There is also a 3 part series on Spencer/Marquez/Roberts unique Style style
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 12:54 PM
Established Member

Spencer was THE man imho. Thoroughly nice bloke as well. Met him a couple of years back, he signed my lid and copy of his book( which is a great read btw). Top man.

MV F4 1000 2010
Benelli Tornado Naked Tre 899 2011
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 02:34 PM

New Site Garage
Wink ET on the Riviera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredzedex View Post
Spencer was THE man ... Top man.
Blast from the past
Some advertising: Good Boy CB 1100 vs Bad Boy BadSeeds
Tirefriar likes this.

Dragster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 04:49 AM Thread Starter

Honda actually keeps there past MotoGP and WSBK championship bikes in top form and if blessed by HRC certain riders are allowed to ride them on the HRC track. Casey Stoner wrote an article for USA magazine SPORT RIDER saying Wayne Gardner, Freddie Spencer and himself where riding the Honda RCV211V?. Both where in awe as Spencer could still use the unique Marquez/Roberts style and neither Gardner or Stoner could match Spencers lap times . In fact he went on to say Spencers lap times where only bettered by marquez and only by a small margin (BTW I will literally pay 50$ for anyone who can get hands on the issue of Sport Rider.I owned it myself but lost it when a young lady? burned it and other magazines pictures ect being vindictive for me seeing another young lady .) ANYHOW Spencer was going to make a comeback in his mid 40s. They say he got in shape ect but then fell off the wagon . BUT think about this …. marquez lives a clean life and he is only 27. He could win another 10 MotoGP titles .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in