MV Agusta Forum banner

SPOILERS MotoGP/2/3 Aragon

3K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  Glenno 
#1 ·
...NANI?!?

Marquez put on a new tyre before last stint. But goddamn...thats just savage.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm telling you, He has made a pact with the devil (or his father has)..... over a second faster than everyone else??? This is not the first time either.

#5 ·
Well....FP2 had a different tale.....Yamaha !!! 1-2-3

And Mir is back from his injury on the Suzuki !!!

#6 · (Edited)
BSG but Nakagami will not win on that honda unless he has F-16 technology and shoots the riders ahead of him with missles lol. marquez is also so young he could be winning titles for the next ten years .

Nakagami is the next fastest FACTORY Honda rider and he is 2.5 seconds down. What happens when Honda loses Marquez?

Quartrarro has had a great rookie season but nothing compared to Marquez . Marquez won ? 12? races in his rookie season ? and against an top of form Rossi and Lorenzo.

#8 · (Edited)
The 2013 chassis had less horsepower to deal with, Marquez was a GOAT from day 1 in MotoGP, AND Honda went back to the 2013 chassis in 2014,2015 and 2016. That was unheard of then being its considered a failure to have to go backwards Nigel I would be far less critical if Honda came out and said … The horsepower increases in MotoGP has caused unexpected chassis problems for the Honda MotoGP program and for the other manufactures also . Thankfully we have the best MotoGP rider on the grid which is the reason for our continued success... Instead Honda makes statement that there engineering department developed the best bike in MotoGP and this is the reason for Hondas success not the specific riding talents of Marc Marquez. Then Honda wonders why Marquez manager comes out with statement that Marquez will be looking to change manufacturers at the end of his current contract at the end of the 2020 season . KTM and Yamaha are also struggling to have chassis development catch up to the Horsepower increases but they treat there riders with more respect. KTM and Yamaha seem to be trying hard to fix the problem and do not have the egotistical attitude of Honda . So the Moto Press is much more forgiving .

BTW has anyone else noticed the Ducati has increased acceleration but the KTM REALLY has improved in acceleration! The KTM might be the quickest bike in MotoGP. The KTM midcorner speed is lacking but then it leaps off the corners.

#9 ·
To all MotoGP riders/teams . Please refrain from the tactic of block passing and then braking . Years ago a factory AMA Superbike rider named Fred Merkel stopped his bike on the end of a corner after a race to do a burn out . A VERY talented Flat track rider turned road racer named Bubba Shubert came around the bend a roughly 90 mph on cool down lap and ran into the back of merkel doing his burn out Shubert was a vegetable the rest of his life due to head injuries. BTW Shubert was a prospect for MotoGP factory Honda ride .He was an exceptional rider as a multi time flat track champion for Honda and was a contender for AMA Superbike championship from the first time he ever even road raced . So anyone can be hurt by another rider stopping/drastically slowing on track.

#10 · (Edited)
Aragon is a total point and shoot track so marquez should dominate and Lorenzo should be roughly dead last lol hell Espargro just high sided and it looks as if he has hurt right wrist . I like the KTM effort being they have the courage of there convictions to go there own way with there steel trellis chassis and a unique chassis geometry.

BTW.... BGS..What is the B2 Stealth technology are you talking about on Nakagamis Honda ?

#15 ·
Ian if marquez goes to Ducati or Suzuki he will win even more easily . Yamaha and KTM Roughly by the same margin. Quatrarro on the Ducati could give Marquez a run for his money. Did you see the RCV213V go into a tank slapper on Marquez in Free Practice 4?

Tank Slapper and MotoGP should never be in the same sentence . I have been following Gran Prix/MotoGP since the late 1070s and I have NEVER seen chassis development SO far behind Power Output/tire grip. IMHO Race engineers thought they could solve Horsepower overpowering chassis with electronics and it just didn't work. (Kawasaki H2 owners know that electronics do not fix a flimsy chassis LOL=Yes I own a 2016 H2)

#16 ·
I do keep wondering how you know all this information.
Marquez more easily gets his wins on Suzuki or Ducati. And rookie Quartararo on Ducati also a winner...
Where do you get this information? Or is this just made up stuff?

Cause until Marquez or Quartararo swaps manufactorer everything you say is 110% speculation.
Bequase you'll never know how a rider adapts to a new bike.

All easily said while laying on the couch eating a bag of chips.

#20 ·
Well... he is following it already for almost 1000 years. That is the reason he knows.

Reactions: Ian SAVS
#21 ·
BSG..... Was looking up any info on 2020 Aprilia RSGP MotoGP bike On Italian site GPONE. No info on next years Aprilia MotoGP bike but they just put up article on Marquez and Ducati looking to start negotiations on 2021 season . I do write source in post . BSG my spine collaped in on itself , Cant walk more than 50ft so I look up info . GPONE is a fairly reliable site for info. ASPHALT AND RUBBER is the national inquirer of Moto press.

#22 · (Edited)
BSG I do not speculate , I just transfer info from the few fair to good moto info sites .. MotoMatterscom and GPONE.COM are like the old saying .. where there is smoke there is fire.... They get info first and EVENTUALLY there articles become true . BGS I will even update info today. Yamaha has been improving by leaps and bounds .

Also if Moto2 contender Brad Binder cantransfer his ability to work around problems in MotoGP the way he does in Moto2 Binder will be able to fully utilize the power and quickness of the KTM RC16

#23 ·
Roehr, that still doesnt justify you commenting Marquez winning even more easily if he's on a Suzuki or Ducati.
How Qaurtararo easily picks up podiums, and fightings with Marquez on a Ducati. And I want to know your source for that.

Marquez now has to work around the front tyre with the Honda(you've mentioned that 100 times before. Also a known fact in paddock.) But does applying that, make him go faster on a Suzuki that is know for great corner speed? Does that make him go faster on a Ducati?
You'll never know how things work out until he's actually on the bike. Unless you can provide me facts for this, It's speculation in my book.

That was my question. Not that chats happened behind the scene between Riders and teams.

#24 · (Edited)
BSQ both the Suzuki and the Ducati are better handling machines that the Honda . Both machines beat Marquez with lesser riders especially in Dovis case . If Dovi was on the the RCV213V he wouldn't make the top 10. . last time I looked Crutchlow was 11th nakagami was 16th and Lorenzo was?? 20th? MARQUEZ IS THE ONLY REASON HONDA IS HAVING ANY SUCCESS IN MOTOGP. That's not speculation … that's just reading race results. I have nothing against Honda personally . If marquez was riding for Yamaha and the Yamaha MotoGP bike was going into tank slappers ect and Marquez was the only rider sKilled emough to get results I would be saying the same . The Honda RCV213V is just a poor handling MotoGP bike Just ask the riders on the Honda RCV213V.

PS... BSG I am a bit confused on one of your questions ? How do I know Marquez midcorner speed is faster than other riders? His AVERAGE is faster than the other riders(hard to explain but will try my best ) marquez Style is what makes him so special. You have heard of …. Slow in fast out where rider comes into corner slower squares off corner gets turning done early so he can get on gas earlier. THEN there is Fast in slow out... Go into corner as fast as possible using long arcing lines which you slow until finished corner then apply gas . MARQUEZ goes in fast , then squares off corner getting turning done early BUT he is able to control throttle very precisely so suspension doesn't load the suspension allowing Marquez to also keep a high midcorner speed AND being he has kept the Supension unloaded the tires have a stable even load so he can get on the throttle early with a lot of grip because suspension/tires have squatted down . Marquez Style has numerous advantages. Many riders know HOW he does it , they just cant pull it off

#26 ·
. . . If marquez was riding for Yamaha and the Yamaha MotoGP bike was going into tank slappers . . .
Like this:grin2::grin2::
https://www.facebook.com/MotoGP/vid...sachsenring-moment-at-262kmh/343457489889047/

Yes, the Yamaha has had its own tank slapper. But they are caused not wholly by chassis configuration, but by a set of track/tyre/rider circumstances where all three are taken beyond the limit. Both the Mazrquez and Quatararo examples are not (in my opinion) set off by a bad handling bike, but by one or a combination of the aforesaid circumstances.

#25 ·
BSG, One rider that had Marquez Style was FREDDIE SPENCER. There is a video of Spencers/ marquez riding Style on You tube I listed the name of the video On a thread in racing forum . The video is old (mid 1980s) so its not real sharp as it was done on Film, but its informative Spencers throttle control is so precise its amazing . he goes through a corner sliding both tires while trail braking , then goes through switchback and the suspension hardly moves from same level qhich keeps load on tires constantly and evenly . BTW Kenny Roberts SR also had this unique style and now Quatrarro.

#27 · (Edited)
Hi Nigel, Yes Yamaha and KTM both had there own tanks slappers but they seemed to at least sort that problem out 2-3 races ago.Honda has the manufacturers and the riders title just about sewn up. Nigel if you where the race director at HRC would you be investing Money in Marx Marquz bike right now?

NIGEL... You KNOW I am dying of curiosity over the design and construction of the new revolutionary Aprilia RS-GP. I am Biased towards anyone who has the balls to try something outside the box.

#30 ·
. . . Nigel if you where the race director at HRC would you be investing Money in Marx Marquz bike right now?

Yes, I would. As race director I would be concerned with maximising the performance and results of my team. If I feel confident that MM can win races and championships I will accede to his requests - no matter any personality differences or suggestions of abandoning Honda.

My loyalties and allegiance would lie with HRC and not an individual rider. And that is why I have also bent over to help Lorenzo (tank modifications etc) albeit without significant result.:wink2:

#28 ·
I don't remember Freddie Spencer riding off the inside of his tire and picking it back up again. The pic below is one Marquez recovered from and at the time entry was over 100kph. Has anyone ever seen anything like it before? It is dumbfounding.
Freddie spencer wishes he could do that :)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.