Win on Sunday sell on Monday went out with Push Rods, Hemi Heads and Kissing Cousins - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Win on Sunday sell on Monday went out with Push Rods, Hemi Heads and Kissing Cousins

So why do manufacturers race now ? In Motorcycle Racing manufacturers figured out that the Motorcycle owner/enthusiast is more educated and has a desire to know the engineering that goes into his beloved Bike and racing became the marker for a products proof of durability and reliability. A good example is KTM. KTM has a HUGE effort in Moto3 Moto2 and MotoGP when they do not even sell a 1000cc Superbike. KTM was just asked why then they are so into racing? KTM stated that even though they do not sell a 1000cc Superbike the technologies used in Roadracing is used in all there products . BTW this is the reason KTM is steadfast in the use of the Steel Trelis Chassis . I am a engineering/tech head having 10 different superbikes with 10 different engine configurations/Chassis types, supercharging V4 Inline 4, inline 3 Supercharged v-twin < Supercharged inline 4, Inline 3 ect ect . I Love it. BUT TODAY JUST ENTERING WSBK/MotoGP gives the Motorcycle enthusiast confidence in there product. And it should as racing does improve the breed. IMHO this is a much better reason for a manufacturer to go racing than the Go fast go left all tech is the same for 50 years and Billy BOB NASCAR fan that doensnt even know the displacement of the NASCAR race car .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
I am not influenced by race wins, but agree that race technology does find its way to our street bikes.

Among my Hondas I have a 2018 CBR1000RR SP2. I bought it because of brand loyalty and its aesthetics and proven reliability. I would not buy a Yamaha or Ducati because of race wins but I would buy one if they really grabbed my attention. At present, I could easily walk in to a BMW dealer and pick up an S1000RR - a bike with little proven 'recent' race performance but a lot of potential.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Nigel I also like to see a bike I am purchasing in racing being if it can take the rigor and abuse of racing It is a durable/reliable unit. BEST example is the Triumph 765 triple. No winner over another brand but its racing and so far has been a bullet proof engine/transmission in Moto2. Racing in Moto2 has gained your confidence and makes Triumph look good. BTW did you see Alex marquez Moto2 bike hit 292 KPH down Mugello main strait? Didn't realize the new Triumph triple was so powerful. For a comparison Reas Kawasaki ZX10RR 282 KPH down Lemans main strait . I know lemans strait is shorter but still didn't think the Triumph 765 was anywhere near the speed of a KawasakinZX10RR wsbk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in