*SPOILERS* Catalunya MOTOGP/2/3 - Page 7 - MVAgusta.net
 59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 03:44 PM

Hello all ,wow do not know how this argument even started ?LOL TO ALL. you cannot judge a riders speed by the number of titles he has won OR assume newer riders are faster than the older riders (1960s and up post knee dragging) Everyone thinks Doohan is faster than Lawson Rainey Gardener schwantz but until they retired Doohan was the SLOWEST of the 5 yet WON the most titles as his only challenger was Alex Criville a top ten finisher prior to the top riders retiring due to age ,injury or both .

HONDA did something very smart They allowed top riders to ride Championship models of prior champions if they wished Of course ego got the best of every top rider at Honda and some tried comebacks(when they ran out of money LOL) and rode newer machines. Honda logged lap times so as far as RAW speed Honda has it written down AND riders have written articles on the experience Casey Stoner wrote an article in SPORT rider , Wayne Gardner, Mick Doohan in Aussie paper? ECT ECT ( I WANT TO FIND THE ARTICLE WRITTEN BY CASEY STONER I KEPT IT FOR A LONG TIME BUT EVENTUALLY IT GOT LOST )

FREDDIE SPENCER WAS THE FASTEST RIDER IN HONDAS HISTORY .. UNTIL.. MARC MARQUEZ BEAT HIS TIMES BY 2/10THS...3/10THS Spencer even did comebacks in his 40s he was fast even on v5 and v4 (then Alcohol got him again) Then Rossi then Casey Stoner who wrote the article . Stoner has respect for Spencer , even Rossi for his skills which is a class act .

BUT A rider needs more than Raw Speed for a lap to be a great Champion Rossi is the best Passer EVER and IMHO is a skill in itself not to mention knowing the oppositions machinery , where they are strong /weak ect. One thing is for Certain. ROSSI IS A GOAT, ROBERTS SR A GOAT , FREDDIE SPECER A GOAT AND MARQUEZ IS A GOAT I PUT Rossi 1st because he has it all , the last 3 riders have the same unique style which is the fastest raw speed style and only they can do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 04:01 PM

FYI Computer savy members.. The Unique Style Of Spencer , Roberts and Marquez is explained by Freddie Spencer YEARS ago. You can see how they trail brake and use such precise throttle control that the suspension doesn't move (unless hitting bumps) as they dive into corner keeping entrée speed up and continue to keep midcorner speed then stand bike up, full throttle.

Marquez is like Spencer Roberts reincarnated and if this Quartarro kid has the same style we will get to see Spencer Roberts battles again!!!

ANYHOW . The Freddie Spencer video is 1/2 hour and FREE on YOUTUBE . I have no idea how to transfer onto the site Sorry But if anyone knows how its a great video for learning and just amazing to see the skill.
post #63 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
HI NES GREAT TO SEE YA. SPAIN IS THE MOTOGP CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. That being said. I read Spain has a very popular 500cc flat Track series and this is where Marquez started his career. Spain copied this grass roots dirt track training for developing the best MotoGP riders in the world. Was I given bad Info? I thought all Spanish riders raced dirt track to prepare them for MotoGP. ERGO if Quaterarro raced moto2 and 250cc bikes in Spain its a given he did dirt track. Agin thanks for all your inside info NES

Aaahhh, my bad Jake. You wrote "background in dirt track", I read it fast and my mind went to some level of competitive motocross because I am more used to the original name of 'flat track' although both are used in Spain interchangeably. The name dirt track started from California right?

And you are very right about flat track training performed by (potential/)GP riders in Spain, but not as centrally organized as you imply. MM93 did not start his career in flat track. Quartararo did practice flat track(but I don't know to what extend), he also took part in the Super-prestigio.

The two main Spanish competitions are: la RFME Copa de España de Flat Track and la Copa Rodi de Dirt Track.

Some videos:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LFe5yr2yds

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSEh4aV2rvQ

A nice battle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=bO0DbmcWvwM

Nes

Last edited by Nesca; 06-18-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
Well, now that you mention it . . . Nah, I'd better not!!

loLOL mate! I was counting you would chime in!
nigelrb likes this.

Nes

post #65 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 05:51 PM

@[email protected]

'King' Kenny inspired the whole flat track thing in Spain and Europe, didn't he?
And in recent times Valentino practicing in his ranch put ideas in other road racers heads.

Here is what Wayne Rainey said:

"The first time I looked at Marc in MotoGP, I thought, 'He can not be Spanish.'" He looks like an American flat tracker, he's got the Honda as loose as Kenny [Roberts], Kevin [Schwantz] and I had the 500cc. "

Nes

Last edited by Nesca; 06-18-2019 at 07:16 PM.
post #66 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:37 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
@Brutale800RR Thanks for sharing that. A good read.
Indeed, I was wondering why Quat was so pissed at Maverick at the end of qualifying

Oxley is the firkin motojourno man!

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
post #67 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 02:26 AM

VERY IMPRESSED NESCA!! YES Roberts stated that American racers do not want to pay there dues and learn Flat track. American Racers want to go directly into road racing for the fast money., This will deplete the skilled rider pool in the USA. The Spanish are starting up a Flat tracking program that is taking off so you will see Spain replacing the USA as the Country that dominates MotoGP. Roberts may be an ass that's dumb as a rock but he hit the nail on the head on this prediction he made over 20 years ago . . SO its great to hear Quatererro cut hit teeth in Flat tracking.. Flat tracking seems to be essential to learning Maquez, Roberts, Spencer Unique style. Rossi being the consummate professional, built his own Flat track ranch in order to catch his skills up in road racing.
post #68 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 03:20 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesca View Post
Are you using Rossi's age and older stats from a different era, to imply that if Valentino was 25 years old now he would annihilate the whole field?
That is something else to put in your '...don't look knowledgeable about the sport' pipe and smoke it.

Where is a proud British twat ranting about "if Mike Hailwood were 20 years old now........" when you need one?

Be a racing fan, not a fanboy, of no one.
Quite agree, even the slowest MotoGP rider should be admired and their talent appreciated because mere mortals like me could never get within 30 seconds of their lap times. Their careers are over too quickly, how many of us wish we could watch Stoner ride again? Probably includes a lot of the Rossi fans who used to beat on him because he often had the beating of the great one.

We are witnessing another golden era of MotoGP - I love it whoever wins.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Based in Rutland UK.

2015 Brutale 800RR
post #69 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 03:40 AM

New Site Garage
Sorry forgot: if Mike Hailwood was......

Yes I'm English and a twat

Couldn't let my Casey Stoner mention go without sharing this:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Based in Rutland UK.

2015 Brutale 800RR
post #70 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:20 AM

SuperFinal Baker vs Marquez | III Superprestigio Dirt Track Barcelona 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
VERY IMPRESSED NESCA!! YES Roberts stated that American racers do not want to pay there dues and learn Flat track. American Racers want to go directly into road racing for the fast money., This will deplete the skilled rider pool in the USA. The Spanish are starting up a Flat tracking program that is taking off so you will see Spain replacing the USA as the Country that dominates MotoGP. Roberts may be an ass that's dumb as a rock but he hit the nail on the head on this prediction he made over 20 years ago . . SO its great to hear Quatererro cut hit teeth in Flat tracking.. Flat tracking seems to be essential to learning Maquez, Roberts, Spencer Unique style. Rossi being the consummate professional, built his own Flat track ranch in order to catch his skills up in road racing.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oub23b8uwk

Nes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode