Did you hear the news? - MVAgusta.net
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Did you hear the news?

Announcers stated Alex Marquez is to ride a Pramac Ducati in 2020 and they said Marc Marquez is looking at Ducati but no time given. With the Marquez family being so tight knit and Honda publically stating they are developing the RCV213V for the ...average.. style racer, I would be very surprised if MM doesn't sign for 2021 at the latest. The Ducati is not only faster than the Honda even though its 940cc and in mello tune to help power delivery. GiGi (ducati team manager) has performed miracles and the Ducati is a better Handling bike than the Honda RCv213V. Marquez knows he is at another level compared to Dovi ect and yet Ducati riders are right with him at the end of races . IMHO I think Marquez to Ducati would be great news. Ducati has worked HARD to make there bike the best on the grid and in a very short period of time. Ducati deserves a rider like Marquez.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 10:56 AM

Ok so question time again

Im perpexled by this one
Jorge said he couldnt ride the ducati becuase the bike didnt fit him. They paid him like 11millon for so long and they didnt listen to him, when they finally gave him and gave him the tank he wanted he wins races. First prob is with all that money u got paid Jorge u could of gone down the road to the local tank maker panle beater welder whatever and got him to make u a tank u wanted
sencond prob is why didnt ducati listen to him

Rossi publicaly stated ducati dont listen and didnt give him the bike he wanted

Now Jorge, at Honda, has said the bike doesnt suit him, he needs it to be more in line with his style, body type etc

Honda aint listening

Now Marquez
what happens if those bloody italians dont give him what they want?
nigelrb likes this.

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

MVFANATIC ROSSI said he was going to fix the Ducati in 15 minets . Lorenzo stated Mugello pole would be 1:47.9 So he did a 1:48.0 and parked bike . When a rider isn't doing well he blames the bike/team. GiGI the Ducati team manager has transformed Ducati MotoGP. They say he will listen to the guy who sweeps the floor if its a good idea. The Ducati is the best bike on the grid. if it wasn't Dovi, Petrucci, miller ect couldn't come near Marquez and he knows it. I think Honda is more concerned about there engine program in F1 which the last time I looked was doing embarrassingly poor. BTW for the moment it looks like you called it correct concerning Quartararrow did you read the post ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 11:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Very interesting next few months on this point. I see that having a Spanish rider is essential to the Repsol sponsorship. We have seen that through history with Gibernau, Creville, Pedrosa, Marquez, and now Lorenzo.

It's shaping up that Lorenzo will not fill MM's shoes in the Honda/Repsol camp. If MM were to leave we could see two fresh faces in the Repsol Honda lineup. I would be throwing money toward Rins and Navarro from Moto 2. (I omit Alex Marquez on the basis of a Ducati deal perhaps struck in principle. I also omit Crutchlow on age and future potential. Nakagima could be a candidate if we were to see a Japan/Spain contingent.)

As for Marquez's familiarisation with Ducati, no has shown no problems with adapting from 125s to Moto 2 and then on to MotoGP.

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Nigel good point I never thought of which isn't like me I think business out of reflex lol. You would think Honda would pay for separate development programs for Marquez being he has been such a good spokesman for Honda . he never publically complained all those years Honda was switching chassis playing mix and match 2013 frame 2015 swingarm and the RCV213V wasn't hooking up out of corners ect . He was always smiling and rode around issues. Even now when Honda said since he is leaving marquez isn't a priority he is being a good spokes person . like I said in another thread Ducati has worked SO hard , spent SO much money to turn the team around and go from having the worst bike on the grid to the best bike on the grid . Ducati deserves a Marque level rider.

HEY.. did you get your issues of race engine technology yet? if they call you please have them call me at 610-245-7362 Paul End.

Nigel you seem to have a good head for engineering so you will really like the magazine .BTW IN RET MAGAZINE you will see advertizements and articles on what are the latest and best components to use in an engine build . Example most people buy Carrillo forged pistons and con rods . BUT Carrillo bought a higher end/better quality manufacturer called PANKLE(used in the KTM RC16) and there pricing is dam near the same as the lesser quality Carrillo . Ducati is getting tech from independent F1 engineering company, there engine is 940cc and in..Mello.. tune for more linear powerband to go with Dovis long arcing corning style. (with Marquez riding they can REALLY let engine rip lol) lots of info no one else gets and I have NEVER seen incorrect reporting. RET gives an award each year for best engine technology in class. Apparently manufacturers think this award is the bees knees lol. AS they spill the beans on what engine tech they have . LOOK for Aprilia engine . I have a feeling they are at minimum for prototype engine. (budget concerns) why use same 65 degree V angle?Lower RPM ceiling More parts robs HP. ANYHOW have splitting head ache ,going to go do my hour a day ride . Traffic was SO bad yesterday I got pissed and kicked a guys mirror of his car. He was 1/2 in the bag at NOON. I wanted to belt him in the mouth but he wouldn't get out of the car . PS MIGHT? go to Isle of man TT next year if I do meet up and everything is on me Booze , girls ect . take care buddy .
anothermvfanatic and nigelrb like this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 01:57 PM

The question is if MM goes to Ducati , who's seat does he take? Petrucci and Dovi had a cracker of a race today and would be a shame for Ducati to lose either IMHO.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 04:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTsalas View Post
The question is if MM goes to Ducati , who's seat does he take? Petrucci and Dovi had a cracker of a race today and would be a shame for Ducati to lose either IMHO.
True. And there is more speculation on here than in the paddock's 'silly season'. I will now add to it.

One could take a very callous view and say that Dovi hasn't delivered a championship since his signing in 2013. Granted, he has come damn close and won many races but in the overall picture they count for little. Petrux must show consistency throughout the remainder of the season to justify his seat. I would hope that Ducati look back at the Rossi and Lorenzo signings and tell themselves that fresh championship-winning blood does not necessarily equate to winning the next world championship.

Should MM93 sign with Ducati, that opens the door to relegating either Dovi, Petrux or Marquez to a satellite team. I could not imagine Dovi or MM would accept that. Petrucci might.

However, I stand by what I have said previously. I don't think Marquez will leave Honda in the short term - there will be massive carrot dangling to keep him at Repsol Honda.
anothermvfanatic likes this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
True. And there is more speculation on here than in the paddock's 'silly season'. I will now add to it.

One could take a very callous view and say that Dovi hasn't delivered a championship since his signing in 2013. Granted, he has come damn close and won many races but in the overall picture they count for little. Petrux must show consistency throughout the remainder of the season to justify his seat. I would hope that Ducati look back at the Rossi and Lorenzo signings and tell themselves that fresh championship-winning blood does not necessarily equate to winning the next world championship.

Should MM93 sign with Ducati, that opens the door to relegating either Dovi, Petrux or Marquez to a satellite team. I could not imagine Dovi or MM would accept that. Petrucci might.

However, I stand by what I have said previously. I don't think Marquez will leave Honda in the short term - there will be massive carrot dangling to keep him at Repsol Honda.
Im not entirely sure the carrot will be enough to keep MM there. I think the challenge to win a championship on another make will be stronger than the allure of more money. Think MM is going for the legend status... TBH , I may start cheering for him if he's on a Ducati.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Nigel normally what you stated would make sense. But when Honda publically stated they where developing the RCV213V for average style racer (Lorenzo might have been Hondas answer for marquez replacement) because Marquez told Honda he would be looking to go to another manufacturer to win Championship on 2 different brands for his LEGACY.IMHO that's a slap in the face to marquez after he has delivered Honda 5 MotoGP titles which without Marquez riding around the RCV213Vs handling/poor drive off corners ect ect problems Honda wouldn't have those 5 MotoGP titles.(ALL the MotoGP experts and riders agree on that point LOL)
Alex Marquez is supposed to be on the PRAMAC Ducati next year . To be on the same team or brand in MotoGP might entice Marquez also but again IMHO Marc Marquez LEGACY is most important to him . He has enough money to retire on a tropical island with topless waitresses bringing him drinks with little umbrellas.... wait.. so can I ...What am I doing talking to you ugly mugs? I should be packing for the beach .LOLOL
BSR-1 and nigelrb like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode