Lorenzo to be dismissed at end of year. - MVAgusta.net
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Lorenzo to be dismissed at end of year.

honda to dismiss Lorenzo at the end of the 2019 season if he does not improve to Hondas expectations. Lorenzo responds saying he has a 2 year contract and Honda has to understand that it takes time for a rider to acclimate to a new bike. He compares his situation to Zarcos ride with KTM. This is a contrast to lorenzos own statement before the Spanish MotoGP where he said... I am fit and its time to get back on the podium...Lorenzo certainly cant say Honda has been consentrating on Marquez as at the beginning of the year Honda publically stated they where concentrating on developing the RCV213V to the style of Lorenzo and the riding style of the average racer being honda thinks Marquez is looking elsewhere to win a MotoGP title on 2 brands .

I am surprised Lorenzos manager didn't prepare Lorenzo and have a response ready for the press. I doesn't take a MotoGP enthusiast to know Honda would expect better results than 11th-13th from a former multi time World Champion. A WSBK ride suddenly seem out of the question. A team mate for Sykes on the new BMW S1000RR?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Members who are Lorenzo fans. Please do not think I am saying... I told you so... or anything like it . I wrote on the site that I thought Lorenzo was a shoe in for the MotoGP title when he signed for Ducati 3 years ago. I thought, best bike on the grid combined by an alien rider, the title was his to lose. And lose he did over and over again . I do remember Lorenzo giving Marquez the challenge of his career at Aragon if I remember correctly. You could see Lorenzo was riding 110% Lorenzo and marquez passing and repassing each other at almost every corner (literally) One of the best if not the best fights I have ever seen. With 7? laps to go Marquez turned up the wick and left Lorenzo behind. I always wonder if that race didn't break Lorenzo. After the race Lorenzo said he said to himself....I am going to beat Marquez or crash trying.. He was absolutely spent and at that point I still wasn't a fan but I had respect for his effort/skill.. he has lost my respect with his ego.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:33 AM

I don't think Lorenzo will be dismissed Jake.

But Quartararo taking the place of Vinales, now that's a discussion!
PTsalas, jdgun and nigelrb like this.

Nes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:47 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesca View Post
I don't think Lorenzo will be dismissed Jake.

But Quartararo taking the place of Vinales, now that's a discussion!
Or even better, Rossi's.

Yes good end positions and better than Vinales at the moment. But make some room for new folk...like Quartararo.
An opinion no Rossi fan can agree with.

*Bracing myself for impact*
jdgun likes this.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 12:25 PM

You never what will happen in motogp, but i do think if he can't bring something to the table at some point in the season he might be cut loose. Rossi to Honda, Lorenzo to yamaha.. and throw big Q in the place of Vinales on the Yamaha while we are at it.
anothermvfanatic likes this.

2015 MV Agusta F3 800
2011 Triumph 675R
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 05:10 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
Or even better, Rossi's.

Yes good end positions and better than Vinales at the moment. But make some room for new folk...like Quartararo.
An opinion no Rossi fan can agree with.

*Bracing myself for impact*
Fan or not, ahead is ahead. Why ditch the better guy?
JerryJoose likes this.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 06:10 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Velocity View Post
Fan or not, ahead is ahead. Why ditch the better guy?
He's been in the top class for ages now. He will never be a champion again with Marquez on the Honda. (2015 was probably his last chance)
I even think Dovi is the better one on the Ducati. That aside Quartararo looks to be a rough diamond that can only get better and might be the one to bring Yamaha their championship.

Dont get me wrong, I like Rossi, no disliking or hating towards him....I'd just like to see fresh blood leading the pack on.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 07:52 AM

Lots of people tipped to be the next big thing over the years and yet the same people keep ending up (consistently) on the podium.

Quartararo certainly looks talented but is yet to get the results on race day and there are currently at least 3 Yamahas ahead of him in the standings (including Rossi and Vinales).

Personally I would love to see Rossi move back to Honda but he will not as this would invariably 'prove' that with all things being equal, 93 is quicker.

Proud owner of a 2015 F4 and a graduate of the school of 'stupid hurts!'
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 07:53 AM

PS - I couldn't care less what happens to 'whore-hey'
anothermvfanatic likes this.

Proud owner of a 2015 F4 and a graduate of the school of 'stupid hurts!'
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 02:37 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
He's been in the top class for ages now. He will never be a champion again with Marquez on the Honda. (2015 was probably his last chance)
I even think Dovi is the better one on the Ducati. That aside Quartararo looks to be a rough diamond that can only get better and might be the one to bring Yamaha their championship.

Dont get me wrong, I like Rossi, no disliking or hating towards him....I'd just like to see fresh blood leading the pack on.
Fresh blood is always good, but then replace the guys that stay don't perform. Like Crashlow. Nice rider but way to inconsistent. Or Pedrosa at the time. Or for example Hayden as well at the time. Don't get me wrong, I love them all for their abilities. But Rossi is constant top 3 and so one of the very best. The reasoning that he will not have another title with Marquez on a Honda counts for every rider on the grid. Should we all ditch them then? You know what... let's give MM 10 titles and not even bother organiizing GPs and race

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode