*Spoilers* Moto GP LeMans - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipple666 View Post
i don't think marc will go to ducati for the challenge though, he will go because of the money.

wrong!
[email protected] likes this.

Nes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 01:09 AM

Thank You NES The Kid has wide shoulders so he looks heavier. 66 Kilos is fine. People forget size matters. Crutchlow is roughly 170lbs and that extra 20-30lbs turns into 500lbs of innercia when braking from 200mph.

Nesca I agree. Marquez has enough money to retire 5 fold. Marquez will be looking at the bike/team strength. The differences in the KTM are not just a steel trellis chassis. The KTM is a throwback . It is taller with short wheelbase and steep rake. Marquez wouldn't change to KTM until its at least competitive.

I do not know if anyone else noticed but Rossi was riding the Yamaha hard from curb to curb. The Yamaha just needs more motor.

Lorenzo??? he was letting riders pass him during the last laps of the race.

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-22-2019 at 03:25 AM.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

2020 is too early for Marquez to go to KTM. It will more likely be 2022 -2024 when he makes the jump. That is unless some young guns start to make him look slow....
They (KTM) are spending HUGE money and effort. They will get to the front, it will just take a while.

Yeh, The Yammie is hooking up better than it has in recent years but it is still the 3rd or maybe even 4th best bike out there. Which makes Quarto's speed all the more remarkable.

I would really like to see the Suzuki get some more HP. The Suzukis are quite underated outside the paddock. BUT before the season there was alot of talk about how good the new one is from those inside.

2000 F4 750

Last edited by Glenno; 05-22-2019 at 09:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post

I would really like to see the Suzuki get some more HP. . .
And put Ianone back on it!

Woops, just spicing things up. Think I'd best go now

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:26 PM

Nigel why do you want to see Ianone back on the Suzuki? Rins has been touted as the next alien. IMHO Rossi ran out of tire and lost the race. Rins didn't out ride Rossi and win the Spanish MotoGP. Suzuki has been down on power but have had excellent Handling since they got into 500cc/MotoGP in 1988.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:37 PM

Hi Glenno, I agree its too early for Marquez to go to KTM. KTM has a VERY tough task to conquer . KTM not only has develop a Steel Trellis that has to handle 275+ HP Which is higher HP than the Chassis engineer community says is possible to attain with the end result being a good handling machine. This MAY? be the reason KTM is using throw back/past Chassis geometry.

Glenno I disagree rating the Yamaha YZF 3rd/4th . Tough call but IMHO I would rate the Yamaha 2nd or 3rd. The Suzuki GSX1000RR might be the best handling bike on the grid but its woefully down on power.

Honda has publically stated there main development is make a machine that works well for the Lorenzo type/ general style of the riders on the grid. I can relate to why Honda would want to go that way but If I was HRC I wouldn't look a gifted horse in the mouth. I would have HRC also develop a bike to Marquez Unique style instead of having Marquez ride around a set up meant for the average rider. Glenno.. there have only been 2 other riders that use the same extreme riding technique. Freddie Spencer and Kenny Roberts SR BTW Honda concentrating on developing a RCV213V for the average rider has the Marquez family a bit POED . If I was Marquez Father I would be POED also, MotoGP is a dangerous occupation IMHO LOL.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

I'm not a Stoner fan. BUT, Stoner told them (Honda) years ago, before they did it that stiffening up the frame/front end to suit Marquez corner entry style would result in poor feel on the Honda. I guess he was right.

2000 F4 750

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode