What has happened to Lorenzo? or Lorenzos Salvation - MVAgusta.net
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

What has happened to Lorenzo? or Lorenzos Salvation

Before you say... Hes a Dick, (I wont argue that point) remember it wasn't all that long ago Lorenzo was looked upon as Rossis replacement and the future of MotoGP.When he won his 1st MotoGP at age 23 or 24 Who would have thought that Lorenzo would lose his edge before his decade older rival Valentino Rossi? Its not a case where injury has taken him out of his game like the most under rated World Champion Wayne Gardner who crashed his Honda NSR500 and shattered his foot (Google it,more pins than you would think possible in one foot) and never fully recovered.

In Lorenzos case its purely mental. If Lorenzo isn't on pole or at least on the front row AND he doesn't get the lead from the very beginning he falls back through the field getting passed until he hits roughly 12th 13th place.Also, Even if Lorenzo gets the lead on the 1st lap(he is still a master at starts and riding hard on cold tires) if he gets passed on the 2nd lap ect he falls apart, lap times increase and he ends up 12th yet again.

WHATS THE SOLUTION to repair Lorenzos legacy?...Lorenzo on a Suzuki GSXR1000RR in WSBK. It has the potencial to be a marriage made in heaven . Suzuki NEEDS a BIG image and marketing success. Lorenzo needs a BIG confidence boost. Even with Lorenzos riding being off his best , he would be an odds on favorite to be a force in WSBK. In USA Superbike Series , MotoAmerica the Factory/Yoshimura Suzuki is a stronger ride/more dependable ride than the factory Yamaha R1 . Not to mention the 2018 defending Championship manufacturer. This situation might look premature, but if Lorenzos race results do not improve Greatly I can see Honda exersizing its performance clause and cutting Lorenzo loose enabling Lorenzo to sign with Suzuki WSBK in 2020. It is a Win Win
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Whats YOUR opinion ? Do you think Lorenzo could be a championship contender on the Suzuki GSXR1000RR in WSBK?
European members since you have not seen the MotoAmerica Superbike series where the new Factory Suzuki GSXR1000RR Superbike races. Just figure its on par with the factory Yamaha R1 in WSBK. Wayne Rainey owns/runs MotoAmerica made a smart move. He made/makes the technical rules in MotoAmerica the same as WSBK.

PS... Whats your opinion of the MotoAmerica Superbike series? IMHO it is MUCH better than the previous perpetually screwed up AMA Superbike series.
esq'z me likes this.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:18 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
PS... Whats your opinion of the MotoAmerica Superbike series? IMHO it is MUCH better than the previous perpetually screwed up AMA Superbike series.

Thank you Wayne Rainey....thank you, thank you, thank you..

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:33 AM

i dislike lorenzo very much. Ill put that out there first.
but....
he is fantastic rider and a great champion
he just needs time on the Honda. Give him till mid year and i think we will see his greatness again
jdgun and nigelrb like this.

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Hi Esqz long time no see. Glad your back . I have been here off and on Spine/Health acting up. It used to be lawyers had a special place in hell, Doctors have now taken there place. Anyhow , being the tech rules in MotoAmerica is the same as WSBK and the Factory Suzuki GSXR 1000RR has done so well up against the factory Yamaha R1 you would think Suzuki would be looking to get into WSBK. Suzuki NEEDS a image boost, get people talking about them again .
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:58 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Budget budget budget..... Suzuki Motor Corp has all its motorcycle money invested in MotoGP (cars are where their real money is...followed by outboard engines. Motorcycles are the smallest group within the company).

MotoAmerica is all Yoshimura R&D and Suzuki Motor America. Not much money from Japan at all. Can't speak for Yamaha....

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:13 AM

I am really not a huge fan of J-Lo, but he started into the season with an injury and could hardly test the bike. The Honda is still new to him. Lorenzo seems to be very dependent on the level of fit between bike and riding style.

I would still consider Lorenzo among the absolute best if bike and track conditions match his preferences. Someone that skilled should not end up in WSBK. A definitely fast, but never world championship contender Bautista destroys the rest of the WSBK field (while the other V4R riders do just ok), that also says something about the difference between the two series.

Give Lorenzo a little time, maybe by the third quarter of the season, he will show his full potential. I believe he will never be continously faster than Marquez, but someone that can definitely fight Rossi, Vinales, Rins and Dovi.
anothermvfanatic and nigelrb like this.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Well said, @flexnow36 .

First and foremost, Lorenzo is a racer - no matter the bike he's on. No racer will purposely see themselves fall back into the pack.

Remember, we see this with Rossi also. I contend it is all to do with developmental levels of the bikes. Rossi has not held back in stating that performance and tyre issues have compromised his performances. Likewise with Lorenzo. There are the heavily reported injury issues and his coming to terms with the bike. I am surprised that he is not doing better, as I am one who forecast consistent top fives from the outset.

He will come good, and there would be no greater driving force than beating a fellow Spaniard. So let's put aside aside any suggestion of Lorenzo riding for Suzuki WSB. Next thing we'll hear is that Ianone will be taking the ride instead!!
anothermvfanatic likes this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Esqz FYI Suzukis Auto division went bankrupt . I mean truely bankrupt, series 7 , sell the office supplies, tools property ect.
Guys I wont deny Lorenzo has speed but he doesn't fight for positions any more . If he gets passed he doesn't try to get the position back and if he qualifies say 12th 13th ect he doesn't charge through the field he stays 12th,13th. Not just this year. he has been this way with Ducati and last year with Yamaha. Either his head isn't in the game or he thinks his services are too valuable to take the risk OR maybe with age he is realizing the risk involved. I am sure we can all relate to that, when I was young if a Pit Bull barked at me I would jump the fence and bite him lol. With age my temper has lessend and I am less likely to belt someone. ANYHOW if Lorenzo continues to be in this funk, winning in WSBK might just give him a confidence boost.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 12:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Hi there. You might be eating a few words after this weekend. Good signs for JL99 and Honda after FP1 and 2. Premature at the moment, I know, but the goods are there!

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in