Dorna penalizing winning again? - MVAgusta.net
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Dorna penalizing winning again?

http://www.motomatters.com The preseason rumors of Dorna restricting RPMs of the new Ducati V4 are looking more like a reality as again Dorna is discussing restricting the Ducati V4 because it has won the first 6 races . Dorna restricted Aprilia for winning, Kawasaki for winning now Ducati for winning . All it did was raise engineering costs , piss off manufacturers and fans. They cant be this stupid? Honda behind this ? I am going to email Dorna. Not that they will listen. Thanks for the brush up silent . Not doing well, never sleep more than 45 minets at a time.

Last edited by [email protected]; 04-01-2019 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Spelling and clarity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 06:12 AM

I am sure that more than 1 bike has to to be consistently good, from a manufacturer?

What position has the next Ducati finished, behind the winning Ducati (way down the field?)?

In my book, Ducati are not dominating the field, it is the rider who is dominating....and you can't penalise him....or can you?
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 07:26 AM

If the capacity of the engine is 1000CC or less there should be no penalty
[email protected] likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Hindering the strongest designs has never worked before yet Dorna still tries to level the playing field in this mannor. Helping lessor/weaker designs (increase displacement ect) has worked in the past but the last effort to increase lessor designs was done in a half assed manor (250cc redline increase ) give Honda CBR1000RR a 100cc displacement increase and leave Ducati, Kawasaki Aprilia alone . Take care all gotta lye down (pain)
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 02:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hindering the strongest designs has never worked before yet Dorna still tries to level the playing field . . . give Honda CBR1000RR a 100cc displacement increase . . .
Huh? That is totally contradictory.

You first mention with inferred dissatisfaction about Dorna trying to 'level the playing field' but then about-face by saying they should allow Honda an extra 100cc capacity? Where is the 'level' in that?

I don't hide my alliance to Honda, but even I should prefer to see them lift their game through technological and mechanical expertise rather than a 'gift' of 100cc. My view is that if Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha engineers have the ability to extract the best from their 1000cc let them be rewarded with results and not penalised.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Hi Nigel, the 100cc allowed to older/lesser designs is just a more effective way to level playing field that doesn't piss other manufacturers of stronger/newer designs by ruining the hard work they put into there machines to improve them .BTW the 100cc increase is JUST for old designs , say 10 years or older . Keeps the manufacturer in racing and once the manufacturer designes new package they must be within the 1000cc limit . Similar to what was done with Ducati. I am for increasing displacement for lesser designs to level playing field but against opposing innovation of new technology. To level playing field.

Last edited by [email protected]; 04-02-2019 at 08:12 PM.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 01:40 AM

And hello back to you!

This is an 'agree to disagree' situation. I totally oppose all forms of concessions to help a team win. The only constraints should be of financial to restrict major players throwing endless cash at development.

My view is very black and white. If we are to have competitions to establish the best (for that is what competing is about) we must see that all competitors compete under the same rules. No added capacity and no rev limitations etc.

My view also extends to personal athletic performance. If John Smith has trained hard for the 800 metres and can run consistent 1:42s, why should he be handicapped 5 metres so that Fred Nurk has a chance of winning?

This could run an endless debate, I know. (Interesting, nonetheless)

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
And hello back to you!

This is an 'agree to disagree' situation. I totally oppose all forms of concessions to help a team win. The only constraints should be of financial to restrict major players throwing endless cash at development.

My view is very black and white. If we are to have competitions to establish the best (for that is what competing is about) we must see that all competitors compete under the same rules. No added capacity and no rev limitations etc.

My view also extends to personal athletic performance. If John Smith has trained hard for the 800 metres and can run consistent 1:42s, why should he be handicapped 5 metres so that Fred Nurk has a chance of winning?

This could run an endless debate, I know. (Interesting, nonetheless)

Would putting a stone in John's running shoe, count as a handicap
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPARAUK View Post
Would putting a stone in John's running shoe, count as a handicap
Hey, it's not very often I get in 'serious' mode. Please don't spoil the moment!!

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 10:26 AM

when the team Kawasaki was penalised with lower revs it seems to me (and I could be wrong as i've been in error once before) that
the works teams just re-engineered the motor to shift the power band , it did nothing to make the racing better but then again
Johnny Rae is an exceptianaly talented rider that Honda should've put in moto GP properly when he was winning on a Honda superbike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode