2019 WSBK THailand (Spoiler) - MVAgusta.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

2019 WSBK THailand (Spoiler)

Rea out rides Bautista to claim his first win of the 2019 season. This might be the headline one day during 2019 but not today LOL Bautista won the first race in Thailand over Rea by 3-4 seconds despite a on track collision where neither went down but it did give Rea a temporary lead of 2 seconds . Bautista powered past Rea a few laps later and never looked back. The Kawasaki does handle better than the Ducati V-4 so I am looking forward to the tight tracks. Rea stated the Ducati has a big advantage over his ZX10R IMO fishing for Dorna to hamper the Ducati V-4 , hopefully this will not happen If anyone needs more power its Sykes and the BMW S1000RR. Again the handling is razor sharp as at one corner Sykes rode around the Outside of 4 riders only to have the same 4 riders pass him immeadiatly down the strait. Honda HRC doesn't seem to have any answers to its Horsepower/handling woes. Camier was so POED he was beating his fists on the tank just after crossing the finish line . I think I heard Camier say WHY DIDNT I RESIGN WITH MV LOLOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 07:39 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
...fishing for Dorna to hamper the Ducati V-4
Exactly. HRC perfected the whine for Ducati restriction.
[email protected] likes this.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Dorna restricted Aprilia for designing the best bike on the grid , then Dorna restricted Kawasaki for having the best bike/rider on the grid. Dorna restricted RPM on 2018 ZX10RR who had new engine with finger followers in valve train for higher RPM. It has been lifted but point is restrictions on bEST bikes doenst make for closer racing . best teas have biggest budget and work around restriction OR Smaller factories pack there bags and leave . In BOTH cases you have pissed off the manufacture. IF THEY HAD LEFT APRILIA ALONE YOU WOULD HAVE HAD KAWASAKI IN CLOSE RACING WITH APRILIA AND BOTH CLOSE RACING WITH DUCATI NOW Ö..LEAVE STRONG TEAMS/INNOVATION ALONE. IF DORNA WANTS TO HELP WEAKER TEAMS GIVE THE 10 YEAR OLD HONDA DESIGN A 100cc DISPLACEMENT INCREASE. EVERYONE IS HAPPY .. HOPEFULLY DORNA SEES THIS LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 09:17 AM

Dont restrict anything except displacement. Superbike should be a maximum displacement of 1000cc and if a factory cant build a competitve bike then too bad. No more 1200cc Ducati bikes etc.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 10:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
IF DORNA WANTS TO HELP WEAKER TEAMS GIVE THE 10 YEAR OLD HONDA DESIGN A 100cc DISPLACEMENT INCREASE. . .
Huh? Why?

I realise your comment's probably tongue-in-cheek, but if a team can't field and develop a competitive bike within the capacity limit, why spoon feed them the means to improve? I am totally against any form of handicapping (horses included). I accept there must be budgetary limits (which in itself is a form of handicap) within the development field, but racing is all bout competition, and that competition should be conducted with fairness across the grid. Too high an ideal, I know, but teams with the knowledge and expertise to devlop their machines should be rewarded and not penalised.

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 01:47 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
So, let's talk about Melandri and the wobble......

Gapalicious 2020 at
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
So, let's talk about Melandri and the wobble......
Easy he is waiting for new bits for the Yam to cure the intrinsic instability of the R1, which all riders are suffering from.

It must be just his setup, other riders on same bikes don't have issues, even those which are similar weight.

Is this 3 bikes on the trot that he has issues with, sooner or later he needs to adapt. Just my opinion

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

This is a new situation that I have never seen before . The Ducati 1199 had an inherent wobble but worse on Melandris bike (The new Ducati has a bit of wobble also) The Yamaha R1 is said to be a good handling/stable bike yet Melandri and only Melandri is experiencing high speed wobble. The 1199 Ducati had inherent wobble because of excessive flex in the airbox which is part of the Ducati Monoque chassis.. Is excessive flex part of Melandris style/set up and his team just put too much flex in chassis ? Then again I do not recall Melandri having a flexy chassis on the Aprilia RSV4? Yamaha says they will have problem fixed shortly with the use of new suspension components . I have no idea how/why changing suspension components will fix this situation ?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 05:06 PM

I guess new suspension components is about shifting weight distribution and overall geometry. No idea how you solve his problem and not affect the general capabilities of the R1. I've always found the R1 to be stable platform, and we have a lot of tight tracks with heavy acceleration on to the the straights. Even like the devil's elbow, off camber downhill on to the front straight at Mallory it felt more stable than my GSXRs that would weave a bit if you are ham fisted.

It's feels like it's a melandri issue rather than inherent bike issues.

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750

Last edited by dansoarr; 03-17-2019 at 05:36 PM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 05:38 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Melandri wobbled on the Duc, he wobbles on the Yammy....I believe it's a Melandri problem.

Gapalicious 2020 at
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode