WSBK practise times suprise all - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

WSBK practise times suprise all

Because of Jonathan Rea being he fastest rider in WSBK most, including yours truly , most people thought the 2019 WSBK season was a contest for 2nd place. Philip Island practice times argue that Rea may actually have a fight on his hands in 2019 as Baustia? and he new Ducati V4R was the fastest the new BMW S1000RR 2nd fastest and Rea and the Kawasaki ZX10RR 3rd fastest . Being an avid race fan the news made my day even though I bet 100$ on Sykes ending the season 2nd assuming Rea was going to win the title yet again. I read the new Ducati V4R is brutally fast and can hold its own in the corners . I HOPE Dorna stays out of the regulations and do not hamper the new Ducati V4R for being a great race bike like they did to Aprilia .
nigelrb likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 12:47 AM

Agreed, been loving the testing so far. It might finally be as you said, not just a fight for second anymore. Ducs and the new s1000 look like brilliant bikes. Hopefully they can continue some success into the regular season. Sykes is an excellent rider so I suspect he will stay in the upper part of the group.

Wish we had an MV constituent though.
[email protected] likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 08:15 AM

I would like to see Rea take the title again this year, but having to fight for every point, in order to do that.

Not sure how well the 3 races per meeting is going to work....we will see, soon enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Xpar as long as they do not put pit stops in the race. Pit stops ruin close racing . 3 sprint races should be exciting .

DB-509 I TOO would love to see the MV F4RC on the 2019WSBK grid. I would give odds MV AGUSTA could have signed Marco Melandri in 2019. legendary Italian rider on Legendary Italian Motorcycle brand, with a team ALL to his own. Much more appealing than riding for a privateer team on a Japanese brand. Melandri has previously stated he preferred riding for Italian teams/manufacturers. In 2017/2018 the MV F4RC was on par with the Yamaha r1. The MV F4RC was the best handling bike on the WSBK grid and the Yamaha was slightly faster(2-3 KPH) in trap speeds. With Melandri riding finishing consistently in the top 6 is realistic. Maybe even a podium on a tight technical track.

Instead MV AGUSTA went to Moto2 ditching WSBK after losing Camier . IMHO MV pulled off miracles. The MV F4RC used an 18 year old engine design AND a steel trellis chassis .Chassis engineers wrote off the steel trellis chassis YET the F4RC was the best handlin bike on the WSBK Grid(MotoCourse & WSBK Review) MV AGUSTA then squeezed the 18 year old engine design to produce enough Horsepower to get within 2-3 mph of the BEST NEW DESIGN ENGINES whos team had 4-5 times the funding . MV OWNERS SHOULD BE PROUD .

Last edited by [email protected]; 02-21-2019 at 05:06 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Xpar as long as they do not put pit stops in the race. Pit stops ruin close racing . 3 sprint races should be exciting .
Pit stops are surely better than stop the racing, when it is raining?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 01:42 PM

Had a nice little debate about 2 months ago with a buddy about how Bautista will bring the ability of outright speed, that Rea cannot match. It just comes down to his race pace and if he crashes.
He thought I was full of $hit, and well Fogarty mimicked my words, and the first test of PI summed it up (INITIALLY).

Bautusta was in motogp for a reason, and yes he was hot, then not, and now seems to have found his old mojo. I am pulling for him without a doubt.

Sadly Davies off season injuries and whatever else have taken a toll on him, and surprised Sykes is up front, but sure come raceday he will be his old self, not able to scrap.

2015 MV Agusta F3 800
2011 Triumph 675R
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

XPAR when it rains Superbikes come in to change tires. And it fouls up the race and any chance of a close exciting race . In the rain its a case of Surviving until the end of the race Look at NASCAR with mandatory pit stops . In NASCAR a close finish is when 1st place is a mere 100 yards in front of 2nd place LOLOL.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

JD I bet you 100$ Sykes would finish 2nd behind Rea . I am still willing to keep the same terms but we didn't count on Bautusta or any other rider taking the title OR Davies out from injuries. I know Sykes has a weight disadvantage but I believe the New BMW S1000RR will be such a strong race bike Sykes will be 3rd (since bautusta has come on as a title contender) do you want to change rider since davies is out with injuries ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode