KTM to offer Marquez a ride - MVAgusta.net
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

KTM to offer Marquez a ride

Http://www.motomatters.com KTM asks Marquez if he would entertain riding for them in 2020 and he said send offer. Ducati was asked if they would also be looking to hire Marquez in 2020. Theysaid they would be looking for ..A.. rider in 2020 and wouldn't pass him by s a possible rider.. IMO Ducati great choice for Marquez as he would get a competitive bike set up/designed for his particular style riding. KTM? yes they too would design/set up a bike specificly for Marquez Style but until KTM can prove to develop a competitive steel trellis chassis. Marquez would be nuts to go to KTM . BTW when asked if he woud go to Yamaha marquez said he was happy at Honda. Marquez has to be frustrated with Honda trying to design a bike for ALL styles when everyone knows Marquez style is different from everyone elses. The 2 steps backwards one forward, expecting Marquez to ride around the problem has been going on since 2014. marquez has to be frustrated by now. Honda did this before with Rossi in 2003? and he left Honda for Yamaha .

PS... Motomatters is a reputable site for info
nigelrb likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 01:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Can of worms eh? Would Marquez leave Honda while he's winning?

Will he still be winning with Lorenzo in the next garage? (My view: 'No. Well, not as often.')

There's going to be some interesting discussions happening come mid-season!!
[email protected] and DaveNZ like this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 02:41 PM

New Site Garage
Though I hate Marquez with a passion, would love to see the kid ride an KTM.
He has red bull as a sponsor, and KTM has red bull aswell as sponsor. So things might change next year indeed.

Maybe its just me who wants 5 brands fighting for victories, who knows.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 04:48 PM

I could see him going somewhere else once he matches Rossi's titles, until then I do not think he will be going anywhere.
If he wins the title this year (beating Lorenzo) he arguably will be the best rider in motogp since Agostino, if only he had a chance to race Stoner.

2015 MV Agusta F3 800
2011 Triumph 675R
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 06:29 PM

I think he's happy at Honda. However if he did wanna flirt with change Ducati is the obvious choice. He already smashes the field with arguably not the best machinery, could you imagine him on the Duc? Yikes.

Ex Silentium Adveho Nex
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 08:45 PM

ahh swissinn was waiting for u to chip in
u never let me down mate.

Isnt it interesting that ur little munchin marquez will most likely stay at Honda. Why?

Interesting don't u think how Rossi who was winning on Honda and said hey ill go to to the worst bike manufacturer and won. Hmmm

Marquez is a little flog who despite being one hell of a fantastic rider will most likely take the easy road to catch up to Rossi' titles.
And that i have no respect for

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Nigel I thought Lorenzo on the Ducati would win at least 1 tiltle out of his 2 year contract guaranteed . I was wrong , Lorenzo lap times plummet as soon as he runs into any opposition . Being passed even after leading a race causes Lorenzo to shut down. Marquez learned from Rossi to study the competition. He knows the strength and weakness of the riders, bikes and teams , Accepting offeres from other teams shows he is looking at his own team. If Honda again asks him to ride without specific development on his bike he will leave Honda . I don't blame him , he is risking his life under the best circumstances. Asking a rider to ride around problems on purpose is too much to ask of anyone.

BGS...How can you hate Marquez ? he is a nice kid(sand bagging for Lorenzo I give him a pass. young dumb kid who got pissed off) and he is arguably the best rider ever definatly the fastest and I do not think next generation riders are always faster than there predacessors (sp?) Roberts Spencer proved that being faster than Rainey Schantz ect ( Doohan didn't even win until all other riders of the 90s era had retired he had 5th nailed down ) BGS I agree love to see as many manufactures on the grid as possible . hard to do In MotoGP . ... MotoGP should be all tech allowed with combustion engine have weight limits for safety same brand tires for close racing. Many manufacturers easy in WSBK ..help older designs and twins/triples. adjust performance with displacement and don't penalize strong designs for success. BTW BMW stated if they win title in WSBK, MotoGP is next that's where I originally heard idea of F1 collaboration. KTM.. Although I applaud KTM for having the courage of conviction the steel trellis chassis wasn't even supposed to be able to withstand the Horsepower of WSBK according to CHassis engineers (they raved about MV F4RC being best handling bike in WSBK though (Race Engine technology magazine=Motocourse and Superbike review) Our MV F4s might be sweet handling at 212hp put on another 50-60+HP and I'm sure its a different animal.
The KTMs entire chassis geometry is different being closer to a streetbike chassis= shorter wheelbase /higher . Thr KTMs biggest problem is corner exits which is inherent of too much power/too much flex OR too stiff a chassis=wheel spin Interesting none the less great to see KTM,Aprilia and Suzuki enter MotoGP
nigelrb likes this.

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-17-2019 at 10:18 PM.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 03:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermvfanatic View Post

Marquez is a little flog who despite being one hell of a fantastic rider will most likely take the easy road to catch up to Rossi' titles.
And that i have no respect for
Huh? You usually post such intelligent responses.

Easy road? The guy rides the ass off that Honda. We've seen him being passed down straights, and then with riding ability - not power - retake the lead. It is almost universally accepted that the Honda is inferior in the handling department, yet you suggest that MM is having a walk in the park on a bike that has netted him 5 MotoGP titles.

Surely, if it was so easy, why haven't we seen Pedrosa battling for second place or the win?

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 03:34 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
Surely, if it was so easy, why haven't we seen Pedrosa battling for second place or the win?
If I can refer you to the experts & Pedrosa himself - he's too light for this class and can't get heat into the tyre at all tracks. So, he's on a bit of a hiding to nothing.

Late last season Marquez was looking like all of his crashes are beginning to take their toll. I trust the off season surgery to attempt to repair his chandelier for a left shoulder went well.
A prediction: His win percentage will begin to drop in the next two seasons due to injury complications.
anothermvfanatic likes this.

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 05:27 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Well said David

And [email protected] Please use some paragraphs now and then.. It's a nightmare trying to read some of your posts and I'd like reading what you have to say.. Cheers.

EMAIL :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode