APRILIA Hires Ferrari F1 CEO - MVAgusta.net
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

APRILIA Hires Ferrari F1 CEO

APRILIA stated they where in MotoGP to win and hopes that people see that by Hiring Ferraris F1 CEO APRILIA is serious and MotoGP is a priority. This could be nothing if this F1 CEO is a paper pusher. It could be big if he is a passionate race enthusiast and uses his ties to private F1 engineering firms. These private f1 engineering firms like ILLMORE have proved to be able to make VERY powerful engines but lack in motorcycle chassis engineering . An Aprilia/Illmore partnership has the potencial to build a strong contender. For right now help from Ferrari orFerrari engineering associates might be what APRILIA needs to make them Competitive.
nigelrb likes this.

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-12-2019 at 06:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
APRILIA stated they where in MotoGP to win and hopes that people see that by Hiring Ferraris F1 CEO APRILIA is serious and MotoGP is a priority. This could be nothing if this F1 CEO is a paper pusher. It could be big if he is a passionate race enthusiast and uses his ties to private F1 engineering firms. They private f1 engineering firms like ILLMORE have proved to be able to make VERY powerful engines but lack in motorcycle chassis engineering . An Aprilia/Illmore partnership has the potencial to build a strong contender. For right now help from Ferrari orFerrari engineering associates might be what APRILIA needs to make them Competitive.

Very interesting. Aprilia needs all the help it can get.
Suzuki is close to becoming front row competitive.

And KTM, they are working a lot. I believe sooner than later they will be competitive. That company rides the wave.

Now imagine if we have 4 or 5 or 6 factories able to win the championship! Golden era.
DaveNZ likes this.

Nes

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Nesca we are in a golden era IMHO. Marquez the fastest rider ever VS Rossi the most savy, most consistant rider ever both on competitive machines and Ducati with the best bike on the grid amazing times. Roberts Sr retired too early. When he was team manager for both Wayne Rainey and Eddie Lawson ,Roberts SR would argue with Rainey/Lawson on what lines where the fastest . In 1986 Roberts SR jumped on Raineys bike and beat BOTH Rainey and Lawsons times by OVER a second. After Roberts did this at 2 tracks Yamaha and Marlboro gave him hell for making there Multi million dollar ...Dream Team... Riders look bad . You can understand why as when all is said and done Racing is Advertising and Lawson Rainey was MotoGPs/500gp First.. Dream Team.. and it got a lot of press. Lawson/Rainey never ran Roberts Sr lines..Spencer did and Marquez does. Tough on tires and tough on chassis. During the 990cc era there was 6 manufacturers 4 Japanese Aprilia Cube and Roberts SRs Proton? with KTM V-4 engine.

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-13-2019 at 01:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

JDGUN FYI SUZUKI has always been down on power for some reason. Be it 2 stroke or 4 stroke. I remember kevin Scwantz winning his first 500cc gran prix race despite being a full 12mph down in the trap speeds. Scwantz loved Suzuka everyone else hated it
Sorry digressed, pain .. Suzuki like Aprilia seems to be up and down both need power. But its easier to find power than good handling. Which brings us to KTM, they have power but lack handling . When I say that the KTM doesn't shake at high speed or Squirm? midcorner like Ducatis monoque Superbike chassis (the 1299 twin) the riders say it lacks feel or it feels different. Being a steel trellis chassis we MV owners have a tendancy to root for KTM. I know I do , anyone else rooting for KTM?
DaveNZ likes this.

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-12-2019 at 08:23 PM.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 09:37 AM

I'm looking to KTM mainly because of the Portuguese rider Miguel Oliveira
paulo. and DaveNZ like this.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Nesca we are in a golden era IMHO. Marquez the fastest rider ever VS Rossi the most savy, most consistant rider ever both on competitive machines and Ducati with the best bike on the grid amazing times. Roberts Sr retired too early. When he was team manager for both Wayne Rainey and Eddie Lawson ,Roberts SR would argue with Rainey/Lawson on what lines where the fastest . In 1986 Roberts SR jumped on Raineys bike and beat BOTH Rainey and Lawsons times by OVER a second. After Roberts did this at 2 tracks Yamaha and Marlboro gave him hell for making there Multi million dollar ...Dream Team... Riders look bad . You can understand why as when all is said and done Racing is Advertising and Lawson Rainey was MotoGPs/500gp First.. Dream Team.. and it got a lot of press. Lawson/Rainey never ran Roberts Sr lines..Spencer did and Marquez does. Tough on tires and tough on chassis. During the 990cc era there was 6 manufacturers 4 Japanese Aprilia Cube and Roberts SRs Proton? with KTM V-4 engine.

Agreed, definitely an exciting time in MotoGP.

2013 F4RR
2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S (all sold)
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:

What are you mumbling about?
Yes Jake, we are living through exciting times, never said the opposite.
I'm just saying that in addition to the current and incoming talent, imagine if you have more than 4 factories able to fight for the win.
And believe me, I know about MM93.

Now get out of the echo chamber!

It's not good for your health mate!

[email protected] likes this.

Nes

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Nesca You are the racing authority on this site . How many times have I and others thanked you for the excellent photos and insider information you have provided/shared with us all. Nesca you and Ezquz are the sites race news dept lol
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Nesca You are the racing authority on this site . How many times have I and others thanked you for the excellent photos and insider information you have provided/shared with us all. Nesca you and Ezquz are the sites race news dept lol

Jake I am no authority in racing(what's that?).

I know you love racing, just sometimes you are getting carried away in your own thoughts.

But I like your passion. Keep posting.

Take care

Nes

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Thank You NES. yes I have3 passions 1 Motorcycle riding , Racing and Unique high performance builds . I was A.D.D before it was trendy lol I come from a family of engineers . I went into investment banking then Real estate now retired at 53. Hope to do 1 more unique performance build that we did very successfully a few years back. The 125hp 1000cc Supercharged briggs Stratton V-Twin installed in a Harley Davidson Electraglide

NES High tech motorcycle engine that will make a MotoGP race engineer dizzy. The Horex VR6 Triple overhead cam 15 degree V6 3 valves per cylinder. Horex is owned by the VW group board of directors. The board of directors formed there own financial group specifically to buy motorcycle companies. They are extreme enthusiasts

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-13-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode