What are your thoughts on new BMW Ducati entrees in 2019 WSBK season? - MVAgusta.net
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

What are your thoughts on new BMW Ducati entrees in 2019 WSBK season?

Personally I am seriously looking to buy a new Superbike for my collection and it will be either the new Ducati V-4 or BMW S1000RR. Which ever bike is strongest in the 2019 season gets my money . Hopefully Dorna will have rescinded the penalties on Kawasaki for having a fast rider, a well
funded race engineering department and a good bike. Then let the CBR1000RR have another 100cc as the CBR1000RR is a 10 year old design. Help the manufacturers don't push them away for being successful. Why I bring this up is that I read Dorna was thinking of putting restrictions on the new Ducati V-4 before it has turned a wheel at a race track. As for the CBR1000RR, its much harder to make an old design competitive than people think, at this point the CBR1000RR is like the MV F4RC with such an old engine design placing 4-5 is like a win . Again , Dorna help the manufactures to level the playing field .Looking at the engines of the new Ducati V-4 and the BMW S1000RR its hard to believe the technology is for street riding, they look like MOTOGP engines. The chassis are in question. The S1000RRs only chink in its armor over the last 10 years has been Some say it has inherent weakness in the frame rails, Well right or wrong BMW has complexly redesigned its chassis and its supposed to be a copy of the current MotoGP design. DUCATI CHASSIS?? this is the elephant in the room... Ducati never sorted out the monoque chassis in its 1199-1299' We have all seen Marco Melandri holding on for dear life as the Ducati 1199 was in a tank slapper at the high speed tracks of Europe .. Now the V-4 gets tested by Moto Jounalists and at big tracks they love the V-4 but on tight tracks in comparisons the Aprila RSV4 rode rings around the new Ducati V-4. Only time will tell if Ducati can sort the Monoque chassis . If they do Rea will have to work hard for another title . If not he will walk away with the WSBK title once again ... take care Jake PS due to back pain this was written at 3amplease excuse spelling ect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 02:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
I wonder if I could simplify this by saying that if you want a bike for a 'collection' and only minor riding, I'd buy the Ducati V4.

I you want a bike for regular riding, I'd go the BMW. Sure, it's a 'horses for courses' deal, but the Ducati has had 5 recalls to date and is reportedly temperamental and a tad difficult to ride in road conditions, whereas the BMW is a more proven package and manufactured as a road, rather than race, bike.

Having made those points, I would not rule out the aprilia RSV4.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Nigel thanks for the info . The only problem I heard of was concerning blipper or quick shifter between 5th and 6th gear. I already have a total race built Aprilia RSV4. Phenominal bike but small bike a 6ft4 rider. I have a BAD habit of digressing especially at 3am and sleep deprived .(insomniac) NIGELRB,ALL..... How do you think the New Ducati V-4R and BMW S1000RR will fare in the 2019 WSBK season? The new BMW S1000RR has is a totally new chassis geometry but only a 7hp increase in stock hp. The Ducati V4R is a horsepower monster but still uses the Monoque chassis and Ducati never sorted it out in the 1199/1299 Panagale twins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 06:42 PM

Not sure why you would use WSBK as your basis, when Superstock 1000 is where the street bikes run.
I love me some Ducati's but if this was my money i would get the S1000RR with the optional carbon fiber wheels, IF you are going to ride the bike.
Sad to say but the BMW looks better and more unique then the V4 panigale, and if you have a modded to the moon and back RSV4, no reason to spend the money on another V4.
PTsalas likes this.

2015 MV Agusta F3 800
2012 Ducati Panigale 1199S
2011 Triumph 675R
2009 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
NIGELRB,ALL..... How do you think the New Ducati V-4R and BMW S1000RR will fare in the 2019 WSBK season?
Tough call, this one. With the amount of development on WSB bikes, I think we have to look at the riders rather than the bikes. Bear with me on this.

Tom Sykes, new to BMW, is a proven race-winner, but might need a few races to come to grips with the Bee Em. Also, BMW hardly fared well in 2018: 6th place in the hands of Loris Baz.

Chaz Davies though, on the new Ducati, should feel at home straight away and has already reported good feelings (as have many) about the 2019 season. So, my view is that Ducati will continue to enjoy many podiums whilst BMW MIGHT make an occasional 'guest appearance' on the lower platform.

In the broader picture though, I think all of the aforementioned will be a distant battle behind the Kawasaki duo of Rea/Haslam. I am disappointed to not throw Honda in the mix, but I am a realist. No idea why Honda signed Kiyonari, save for his past glories and nationality. Camier will get a move on, but he's as hot and cold as our (UK) Brexit discussions.
[email protected] likes this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Jd I am leaning toward the BMW I do not get any WSBK coverage on the tv now and never got SSK1000 . If I fit on the new BMW is the biggest point I am 6ft4. Carbon rims I have on the RSV4 but wont get another pair because Pennsylvania roads are the worst in the USA . WSBK...NigelRB I agree that Rea is so good even though Dorna has imposed restrictions on the ZX10RR (I read this but there was no explination of what restrictions exactly where imposed) I believe Rea will just out ride the field and ride around the restrictions (which I strongly disapprove . Do you ground yyour kid for coming home with strait ..As on his report card? = give the Honda 100cc help not hamper the manufacturers) After such a poor exit in WSBK I think BMW has already put a lot of R&D into the new S1000RR.BMW claims to have a totally new frame geometry and is going to come out of the gate very strong . It will be Rea , Sykes Davies then the rest of the field. Davies will have to ride HARD. Ducati is determined to be different and make the Monoque chassis work but it never was sorted out in the 1299 twin as it was squirley? through tight corner sections and head shaking at high speeds. BTW have you seen the Suzuki GSXR do well even on a National level? In the USA it has won but not impressively . It doesn't look WSBK worthy but then again Suzuki hasn't jumped in with both feet yet .

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-11-2019 at 09:12 AM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 09:33 AM

ceepee

I think we wil see this years championship going the way of almost all "championships" being he who throws
the most money at it will win, thats not to detract from Johnny Rea a great champion and sadly overlooked by

the Moto GP community !,,, I do of course exclude the current Moto GP champion a man who can do things like
no other, he could brobably get a Moto GP top ten riding a Moto 2 machine
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
BTW have you seen the Suzuki GSXR do well even on a National level? In the USA it has won but not impressively . It doesn't look WSBK worthy but then again Suzuki hasn't jumped in with both feet yet .
Suzuki, in the hands of young Bradley Ray, had some wins and podiums in the British Superbike Championship last year.

With the investment they've tipped into MotoGP, I believe they'll follow suit in WSB, but to date I don't think they've announced a team. I've no idea when the cut-off is for teams' entries.

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 10:48 AM

I am going to say this... Davies will be pressing Rhea harder than ever (needs to stop crashing though), and if Bautista has his mojo back from his early motogp days, he will beat them both. Sykes is Sykes, and he cant race if things get tight, but given space he can lay it down for sure.

2015 MV Agusta F3 800
2012 Ducati Panigale 1199S
2011 Triumph 675R
2009 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

JDGUN Sykes problem is his size/weight tears up tires and out breaking a competitor. As far as Marquez , he is the best there has ever been. Marquez style/lines is the same as Roberts sr and Spencer. Experts said with new tires this could never be done. Marquez defies Experts and Physics lol. Oddly Honda has been building MotoGP bike to be ridden by all . You would think Honda would build a motoGP bike specific to Marquez style. Yet he is so good he wins reguardless

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode