Imola spoiler - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Imola spoiler

Leon Camier was announcing at Imola and talked about this years F4RC . He said it was a good handling bike and a good package in general, the only thing that kept it off the podium or winning was lack of power and that MV has found more power this year . The way he talked it seemed as if he regreted the move to the CBR1000RR. At first I thought Torres rider speed was equal to Camier, now I am rethinking that conclution . Torres seems to qualify well but doesn't seem to be able to keep up the pace for the entire race .
BTW At end of race they showed Reas high trap speed of 279km . This shows how much WSBK has watered down HP. The Aprilias used to do 325km. I am sure the kawasakis/Ducati would be doing those trap speeds also. FIM/Dorna have watered down WSBK before with same results. Less competition and higher costs . will they ever learn ?

If your wondering why I say the costs increases when FIM waters down performance its like this.... Say Yamaha is running the R1M, then The FIM comes along and says ,Yamaha you now have to run the R1 America which has cheaper less durable engine internals. Now Yamaha has to spend MUCH more in engineering costs to get back to the original performance of the R1M they used previously AND Yamaha has to produce 500 homologation specials . If rules written as Homologation rules.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 09:05 AM

New Site Garage
What happened to Torres? He was running P10 I believe, I went away beqause it was a boring race came back and he was P17.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

He ran off track, same place davies ran off track. When Camier talked about the MV and how they found more HP He sounded like a rider who got promised the world . He was over riding the wheels off the CBR1000RR to keep pace. He didn't say a word about the CBR1000RR. The FIM has been trying to water down WSBK to make the Honda Competitive . I am a MV race fan But I don't want the FIM to water down WSBK to make MV competitive either. If the FIM would have left the rules alone where you could modify the bike to the HILT when Aprilia was dominant Kawasaki , ducati and maybe Yamaha would be all on the same level by now since all those companies came out with new designs. Maybe not Ducati because the elephant in the room is the fact the Monoque chassis design never reached the expectations of a great handling bike. Yes it got better over the years but it always seemed a bit unstable.

FYI It took 2 years for the 1199 Panagale to run better lap times than the Ducati 1198. Is not easy but look it up.

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-12-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 12:05 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Dorna also doesn't want WSBK bikes running the same speeds as MotoGP....... just sayin'

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 03:12 PM

New Site Garage
Yep I noticed that World Superbike hit 320/330km/h on Phillip island couple years ago on the straight and this year 305'ish km/h.

"Mileena"

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 03:45 PM

Good thread.
Find it hard not to disagree. The spanish mafia rules MotoGP and wsbk, so as said above the gurus have decided to try to get some differentiation between the series.
Make a new series for naked bikes with upright handlebars? Look back at Crosby on his Z1R, Campbell on his CBX etc. Very easy for the average joe to identify with racing.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Eqz The times got close when MotoGP ran 800cc. Went to 2-4 seconds difference During Aprilia dominance and MotoGP went to 1000cc and to increase MotoGP speeds Cut out the ridiculous and VERY expensive engineering costs of Fuel limitation. Fuel Limitation is a close second in engineering costs to electronics in MotoGP. I must admit I never researched it but I doubt allowing MotoGP bikes an extra 5 gallons of fuel per race is going to cause global warming melting the glaciers in the South pole. Let the race engineers do there best without restrictions and you end up with closer racing at a lower cost . Long time race fans have seen the FIM the AMA ect try to make a manufacturer competitive before and its failed each time. Remember the AMA trying to make the Harley Davidson Vr1000 competitive? Still cant figure out how Harley wasn't dominant in AMA Superbike .
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 05:08 AM

Fine Race by Rafaele de Rosa and another Podium for the F3 against the almighty Yamahas
Forza MV Agusta!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 05:08 AM

New Site Garage
Supersport race was darn good.
De la rosa P3!!

Mv is going strong inbetween all those R6's

"Mileena"

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 07:07 AM

And after the messed up Race on Saturday a fine P5 for Jordi and the F4.
Great Job MV Agusta Reparto Corse.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode