Major changes in WSBK rules - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Major changes in WSBK rules

Article in MCN stated that Dorna wants to make WSBK for all intent a Bone stock motorcycle.
The Super stock 1000cc class will be eliminated being that this is what the WSBK class will be .
MV agusta ,Honda, Yamaha will love the new rules as now they would be competitive in contention for race wins and WSBK title from day 1. This will kill R&D , yes MV would now be winning races but being the under dog working the F4 from its original 140hp to the F4RCs 212hp and the best bike MV has ever produced. I see Hondas hand in this, in F1 auto racing Honda cant compete and in Motogp Honda has been suffering . Now the CBR1000RR could be competitive with no R&D cost. If Honda didn't have marquez they wouldn't have won a race all year,
Even though I root for MV Agusta I do not want to see them or any manufacturer get a title buy dumming down the performance .

Last edited by [email protected]; 09-27-2017 at 12:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 03:59 AM

New Site Garage
When do these rules apply? Beginning of 2018/2019/2020?
Last time I heard about these kind of changes they were talking about 2019. Rather have it seen by 2018 though cause its a boring championship.

These new changes have both positive and negative points.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 09:08 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Dorna is embarrassed that WSBK lap times are very close to MotoGP.....A lot of this has to to do with keeping "Production Based" racing in its place.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Historically the cheapest and closest racing is Bone stock or Full tilt modified. When rules become half assed that's when big factories spend a ton of money trying to engineer there bike around the rules. Unlimited modified end up being cheaper as there is no minimum homoligation rules forcing factory to build 500 ..special... bikes. Just 4 to 6 bikes for 2 man team and they are done.
Bone stock is also a cheap class for obvious reasons lol but then No R&D to better the production bikes for you and I to purchase

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode