2017 WSBK MV F4RC beating new Honda CBR 1000RR again - MVAgusta.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

2017 WSBK MV F4RC beating new Honda CBR 1000RR again

This thread is to give credit where credit is due. Leon Camier has been doing a great job , but the amazing truth is the little MV factory has been building a better handling/ stronger WSBK from a 15/20 year old design than the mighty multi billion dollar Honda factory even when Honda built a New bike in 2017. IMHO its just amazing .
cruiser and cruiser like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

BTW..... I know how Honda WSBK team feels. The New 2016 Kawasaki H2 I recently bought was beaten by a MV F4RC . (top speed run route 73 Ambler PA, Guy in that area has HUGE bike collection. ) I pulled ahead at first but then the MV F4RC better power to weight ratio eventually passed me at 180 Plus. .....PS.... Love the Kawasaki H2. Acceleration phenominal, fits big rider Very well. Handling not the best with thin bird cage treliss chassis but knew that before buying bike.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 04:44 PM

New Site Garage
Yes indeed, great effort for MV and the team and I love it.

The only thing is... People keep mentioning the 20 years old thing. Maybe I am wrong, but the 2010 model was a new design. It looks a bit similar to the previous one and the design has the same idea, but still new. And besides that, the superbike itself has not much to do with the streetmodel...

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maximum Velocity For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Hi Max long time no hear (spine getting worse ,havnt been on site)
The F4RC engine is based from the 2000 F41000R . BUT... the chassis is a new design from 2010. MV race engineering dept must walk on water to squeeze 240hp (Camiers WSBK roughly)
from an 15/20 year old engine that started out with 140hp.

THEN .... MV race engineering dept designs a Chrome moly steel trellis chassis that makes the F4RC the best handling bike on the grid.
( For years now I have read that the New WSBK made too much power and weighed too much for a steel trellis frame making the aluminum spar box section chassis a must.)
Max , Every time I see the MV F4RC race I see the hundreds of man hours put into a race bike that has become competitive when the media ect said it was a near impossible task
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 05:38 PM

New Site Garage
It absolutely is an amazing job they are doing with the RC. Together with Camier.
And I love to see how happy they are with a good result. Hard work paying off.

And I also love to see how enthousiastic you are about the MV. Take good care of your health as we want you around here :-)

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 04:18 PM

Camier is riding the wheels off of it . I used to be pleased if it was in the top dozen . No I'm dissapointed if he's not in the top 6

Brutale 800 Italia
Monster 796 .
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Max, the site wouldn't be the same without you too. You know I love getting high performance out of LOW tech engines. GPZ 1100 in Avatar has 1000cc Supercharged Briggs and Stratton V-Twin. Stock horsepower 35hp . Forged internals worked heads ect now 125hp at crank and with 20,000 miles . Stock Briggs Stratton you get roughly 5000/6000 miles MAX.
ANYHOW...... KTM should copy MV AGUSTA Steel trellis chassis. The KTM chassis looks to be way too stiff as the KTM tires do not seem to slide off when bike goes down. The KTM tires look to instantly and completely come off track/tarmac like Cal crutchlow did last year at Philip island on the last lap.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

BTW ... Dave I did buy a new 2016 Kawasaki H2 . The Flexy chassis we predicted was correct. Love the bike reguardless ( I'm not that good a rider to make a difference any more lol)

I read The 2017 MV F4RC got a new fuel injection system/new electronics. Any of the memebers in the know hear if it paid dividens? When running 2nd behind Davis in France
Davis Factory Ducati 1199 pulled away from the MV F4RC down the straits , but only buy few feet each lap. Is there any trap speed data available for French round?
Reading MCN magazine , At one of the tight Spanish ? tracks THE MV F4RC HAD THE 2ND HIGHEST TRAP SPEED DURING THE RACE.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 08:04 AM

New Site Garage
Jake maybe i can get them for you. I will ask andrea q.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode