Winter Testing WSBK - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Winter Testing WSBK

I looked at the Live Timing of the Algarve testing yesterday and today morning.
Except the Kawasaki blokes Rea and Sykes was everyone in Portugal for the one Day test.
Leon Camier ended 5th fastest, only 0,5sec. off Davies,
He was quick all Day long, sometimes even second fastest and clocked a record 98 Laps.
PJ run the F3 as well and albeit there was not much competition he was fastest by quite a margin in SSP.
So what are You guys thinking?
It is looking pretty impressive to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 05:20 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Looking forward to the season!! MotoGP started testing last night. When I fell asleep Dovi was fastest, with Iannone right up there on the Suzuki.
Jorge was dead last!!!
Haven't looked at the time sheet yet this morning.....came here first!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Last edited by esq'z me; 01-30-2017 at 05:22 AM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 06:47 AM

I think Camier and the RC team are doing an amazing job considering the age of the engine design. Sticking it to the Japanese bikes (nothing against the bikes btw) with I assume a hefty R&D budget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 09:51 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Exclamation

So....MotoGP first test timing sheet....Guess who is on top???!!!
Wouldn't it be interesting if he came back to race, not just test/develop???

Jorge has not come to terms with his new ride, but Maverick certainly has! We'll see how it goes on day 2.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2017_MotoGP_Test__Sepang_classification_1.pdf (288.8 KB, 20 views)

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:04 PM

Stoner is one of the biggest talents ever on a bike.Period.
No surprise there.
Attached Images

Nes

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:18 PM

Photos WSBK Portimao test

By Steve English:
Attached Images

Nes

Last edited by Nesca; 01-30-2017 at 12:24 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:27 PM

Strong Portimao test for MV Agusta

MV Agusta Reparto Corse completed their final European test before the paddock heads to Australia for the first round of 2017, leaving Portimao feeling content with the progress made over the winter – with all three riders present in Portugal.

Leon Camier took to the track aboard the teams World Superbike machine and finished in the top five overall, after he put in over 80 laps aboard the F4. Working on the chassis and new weight balancing, the Brit was also able to make improvements with the electronics.

It was an intense test for Camier, however he was able to make some strong steps forward before he takes on the Australian circuit of Phillip Island. “I am really happy with the test,” Camier declared. “I didn’t expect to be as close to the front guys as we were but I had a strong feeling with the bike and I was able to push really hard. The team is working really well together and we did a great improvement with the electronic as well. I look forward to the next track session in Phillip Island.

Preparing to make his full debut with the World Supersport Italian team in Australia, American Patrick PJ Jacobsen put in a strong performance in Portugal. Gelling well with the F3 675, Jacobsen left the test as the fastest World Supersport rider with a time of 1.46.229. He explained: “Testing was very good over these two days. I am very happy with the team and everyone is working really hard. I now look forward to race in Phillip Island and I am sure things will go great and we will move even forward the next time we will be out on track. Thanks to my team for this great days.”

Flying the flag for the European Supersport class, Italian Alessandro Zaccone had his second test with his new team. He was able to get some strong lap times in, recording just under 50 laps on the final day. Despite being struck with the flu, he still put in a strong effort: “Today we did a nice job. Unfortunately, yesterday I came down with the flu and I couldn’t ride at my best. Still, we managed to constantly improve and the morning we lowered 1.5s from the previous day lap time. To be honest, I am very happy with all the guys on the team and the bike has so much potential, I love it and cannot wait to get back on track”.

WorldSBK
Attached Images

Nes

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 10:47 AM

Hi Eqez , I wouldn't be surprised if maverick Vinales pulled off championship on his first ear on Yamaha. Honda went backwards, The winglets ordeal has apparently has Ducati scrambling for replacement component. Suzuki is Suzuki and Aprilias bike seems to be its FIRST REAL motogp bike . (looking like last years bike was more Superbike than motoGP bike,
BTW happy to hear Aprilia has made major progress. KTM? who knows . MY DREAM IS TO SEE BMW TAP INTO/HIRE F1 ENGINEERING FIRM AND DESIGN A MOTOGP BIKE
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 06:29 PM

Nesca thanks again your the best . Great info ...and... Great pics
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 06:39 PM

I Wonder if at a Honda board meeting the chairman is yelling.... MV AGUSTA is using a design 12 years older than ours with a steel tube trellis chassis AND HAS A STRONGER PACKAGE THAN WE DO. Or Yamaha ..... we have a 2 year old package that's being beaten by a 20 year old package by a small Italian company. When MV comes out with new MV F4 I am still buying the old F4 RC ( but I still want the Kawasaki H2 I have a feeling I am going to end up being foolish and buy both.)
Ps my 2007 f41000r has every upgrade done stem to stern(even febur race radiator). all best components , best money could buy . SO when I sell it I would like to sell it to someone here on the site

Last edited by [email protected]; 02-01-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode