2017 WSS Factory Team ? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

2017 WSS Factory Team ?

After watching Cluzel end up with 2nd in the championship,i find it hard to beleive that MV may not even have a factory team running next year.
Rumours seem to point Cluzel in a new Yamaha R6 team.
Surely its in MVs interest to keep a team running.
Gino Rea and other team riders have done good this year on the bikes.
I know they have had reliability issues but hopefully these could be sorted over the winter.
My dream team would be Tuuli and Gino if Cluzel leaves but think Yamaha are also after Tuuli.

F3 800 RC, Aprilia V4 Tuono,Yam RD400F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 06:31 AM

Mark,
It is about money, the factory is millions in debt, running a factory backed WSS team is money they do not have, add in the fact the 3 cyl platforms are pretty well developed MV need to be clever with the little money they have got.

So a two bike WSB team is the right choice, the replacement for the F4 is the priority, and racing improves the breed. Leon and the team are sniffing around d the podium and that's got to be the target for MV.

Does not mean a factory supported team might emerge if z big bucks sponsor and race team come along.

jimboF4

in the garage: 2001 F4 750 1+1, 2005 Brutale 910S Carbon, 2007 Brutale 910R, 2009 F41000R, 2013 Brutale 800, 2015 Turismo Veloce 800,1976 Triumph T140D Bonneville, 1976 Honda CB400F2.
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 06:50 AM

New Site Garage
Mate don't worry about it I know for sure 100000000% they will have a team no worries about that Cluzel has had a rift with the team and his bad performace has outed him of the team. he has been looking for a ride with Yamaha what I know is that the WSS team may only run one bike and the F$ will have two bikes. Guintoili I belive may be on the second F4 but he has yet to bring the sponsorhip money we will know soon enough.Camier has resigned and I think zanetti will be the test rider for the f4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 08:18 AM

Currently they are rumored to be running 1 bike in WSBK and 1 in WSSP. We know Camier signed for WSBK and it would be a little surprising if they ran 2 bikes in WSBK. If they do run a bike in WSSP they really need to sign Cluzel or Jacobson if they want any chance to win next year as none of the other riders available have shown they can get the job done.

2013 MV Agusta F3 Red/Silver (Sonya)
2013 MV Agusta F3 Black Track/Race Only (Trinity)
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 12:45 PM

They need to sign Tuuli. That guy is amazing.

Ex Silentium Adveho Nex
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissinn View Post
They need to sign Tuuli. That guy is amazing.
I think he's too young to develop the bike, but boy can he ride the pi$$ out of one
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

I would be well happy with Camier and Guintoli on the F4
and Gino Rea on the F3

F3 800 RC, Aprilia V4 Tuono,Yam RD400F
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnehme View Post
Mate don't worry about it I know for sure 100000000% they will have a team no worries about that Cluzel has had a rift with the team and his bad performace has outed him of the team. he has been looking for a ride with Yamaha what I know is that the WSS team may only run one bike and the F$ will have two bikes. Guintoili I belive may be on the second F4 but he has yet to bring the sponsorhip money we will know soon enough.Camier has resigned and I think zanetti will be the test rider for the f4.
Don't quite understand the bit about Jules' "bad performance" - who else has won on an F3 in the last three seasons?
If he is going (and I suspect he is), it is because of machine performance; how many times has he had gear selection problems?
I can't see any other top rider jumping to replace him, even though Ten Kate seem to be dropping their WSS project next year, PJ will have other tempting offers I'm sure.

I can't see Zanetti being a development rider for the F4 either; no superbike experience at all, and coming off a poor season where he seemed to move further & further down the grid.

Lets face it, next year will be much, much tougher for Camier & MV;

Kawasaki will improve after a years data on their new bike;

Yamaha ditto (the factory in Japan will be more hands-on in '17);

A new Honda being ridden by two very experienced men;

Ducati should start the season much better than this year;
(Melandri will be either fantastic or rubbish!)

Factory- backed Aprilias with Laverty & Savadori;

On paper, these should be the top-ten at most meetings.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see MV at the sharp end, but the current bike can't have much more to give, and a totally new F4 is not something the factory can afford right now.
Maybe Leon knows something I don't - here's hoping!

The older I get, the faster I was!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 06:51 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeriman View Post
Quote:
Don't quite understand the bit about Jules' "bad performance" - who else has won on an F3 in the last three seasons?
If he is going (and I suspect he is), it is because of machine performance; how many times has he had gear selection problems?
I can't see any other top rider jumping to replace him, even though Ten Kate seem to be dropping their WSS project next year, PJ will have other tempting offers I'm sure.

I can't see Zanetti being a development rider for the F4 either; no superbike experience at all, and coming off a poor season where he seemed to move further & further down the grid.

Lets face it, next year will be much, much tougher for Camier & MV;

Kawasaki will improve after a years data on their new bike;

Yamaha ditto (the factory in Japan will be more hands-on in '17);

A new Honda being ridden by two very experienced men;

Ducati should start the season much better than this year;
(Melandri will be either fantastic or rubbish!)

Factory- backed Aprilias with Laverty & Savadori;

On paper, these should be the top-ten at most meetings.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see MV at the sharp end, but the current bike can't have much more to give, and a totally new F4 is not something the factory can afford right now.
Maybe Leon knows something I don't - here's hoping!
Well unless things change thats how it is my friend exactley how i spelt it out

Cluzel is gone. They are looking at a moto 2 rider or possibly massimo roccoli who just won the italian championship

Zanetti has been testing parts for the F4 the whole season that is fact. There is a new gearbox in camiers bike which zanetti tested

Cluzel had a falling out with the team and i know the team arent happy with his performance

camiers F4 will do ok. Lets face it his engine is 9-10 years old. Compared to the other teams. His doing very well if you look at what his riding to everyone else. His at least 15hp down to all the other bikes and the electronics package is good but its not self learning like the ducatis or kwaka

Guintoli is rumoured to be the second F4 rider only if he can bring the sponsorship money. Otherwise it will be one bike again. We will only know soon enough

No new F4 till 2020 and it will be called the F7
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Well unless things change thats how it is my friend exactley how i spelt it out

Cluzel is gone. They are looking at a moto 2 rider or possibly massimo roccoli who just won the italian championship

Zanetti has been testing parts for the F4 the whole season that is fact. There is a new gearbox in camiers bike which zanetti tested

Cluzel had a falling out with the team and i know the team arent happy with his performance

camiers F4 will do ok. Lets face it his engine is 9-10 years old. Compared to the other teams. His doing very well if you look at what his riding to everyone else. His at least 15hp down to all the other bikes and the electronics package is good but its not self learning like the ducatis or kwaka

Guintoli is rumoured to be the second F4 rider only if he can bring the sponsorship money. Otherwise it will be one bike again. We will only know soon enough

No new F4 till 2020 and it will be called the F7
I would suggest that it was fifty-fifty; Jules wasn't happy with the inability of the team to solve a problem that kept rearing its head again & again- he can't win on a bike full of neutrals.
I suspect he will win (& often) on the new R6.

As for Zanetti; testing a gearbox is all well, but developing a bike in the right direction requires experience; they should have learned that lesson from Corti.

You say that Camiers F4 "will do ok", then state exactly why it wont; basically newer, more high-tech bikes are going to move the goalposts next season; Dorna are currently investing in improving the strength-in- depth of both riders & bikes, and I fear that MV in their current situation wont be able to carry this seasons' momentum without a new bike.

I don't think Roccoli can win the championship (or even a race) at that level; his time has gone. Unless they can sign a top rider (& sort the gearbox), they would be better saving the money, & giving parts & support to a private team (maybe the infamous "PRIVAT" badges could be dusted off! LOL).

The older I get, the faster I was!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode