Developement Question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Developement Question

I know in MotoGP once season starts there cannot be any engine development (ridiculous and expensive IMHO)

BUT...in WSBK what is the rules for engine development ? I know they can develop exhausts but can they do actual internal engine development ? Thank You Jake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 10:20 PM

Yes they can. In MotoGP they submit and have all their engines sealed before the start of the season. In WSBK and WSSP they submit engines for sealing when they need too thruout the season. Although they can make minimal changes due to the strict rules you will often hear the riders talk of engine "upgrades" during the season. In fact two races ago MV changed engine supplier for the WSSP bikes and it has less total power but better power thru the range do too some internal modifications. Could only do that in MotoGP thru electronics.

2013 MV Agusta F3 Red/Silver (Sonya)
2013 MV Agusta F3 Black Track/Race Only (Trinity)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Vapor , the MotoGP rules are ridiculous. raises cost due to having to improve and make sure new tech is durable all in short period of time. Which slows progress considerably and hinders small companies the most.
Vapor your going to have to change your Avatar pic . Every time I see it I want to go out and buy a F4RC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Speaking about development , the excessive rain this year had to slow Michelins progress this , its First year in MotoGP.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 10:04 AM

Keep on mind that they have concessions for "new" manufacturers. So Suzuki and Aprilia have more engines and are allowed unlimited development of the engines during the season. Suzuki lost their concessions next year because they have past the allowed concession points due to the amount of podiums they have this year. I believe KTM and Aprilia will both have the concessions next year.

2013 MV Agusta F3 Red/Silver (Sonya)
2013 MV Agusta F3 Black Track/Race Only (Trinity)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Vapor ,The concessions worked well good idea . According to race financial managers ( race engine technology) the 2 best ways to keep costs in line is 1 Bone stock class 2 VERY little restrictions .
Excessive rising costs in racing come when sanctioning bodies take away tech and teams have to engineer a way around new rules to stay status quo to what they lost . Also when sanctioning bodies change rules every year. Again, creating need for much more engineering. FUEL RESTRICTIONS cost big $$ in engineering . What is the point of restricting fuel? They are racing and the minimal amount of fuel saved wont cure the world .
ANYHOW.... is there a rule in WSBK reguarding gear ratios? I thought I read they have a choice of 2 final gear ratios for every track. What is the point in that? why not let them change as many front/ rear sprockets as they like?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake318 View Post
Vapor ,The concessions worked well good idea . According to race financial managers ( race engine technology) the 2 best ways to keep costs in line is 1 Bone stock class 2 VERY little restrictions .
Excessive rising costs in racing come when sanctioning bodies take away tech and teams have to engineer a way around new rules to stay status quo to what they lost . Also when sanctioning bodies change rules every year. Again, creating need for much more engineering. FUEL RESTRICTIONS cost big $$ in engineering . What is the point of restricting fuel? They are racing and the minimal amount of fuel saved wont cure the world .
ANYHOW.... is there a rule in WSBK reguarding gear ratios? I thought I read they have a choice of 2 final gear ratios for every track. What is the point in that? why not let them change as many front/ rear sprockets as they like?
Pretty sure they can swap sprockets to their hearts content. The internal gearbox ratios cannot be changed from what they choose at the beginning of the year.

Ex Silentium Adveho Nex
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

I would think the same but rule was listed in Road racing World magazine ( the Only USA bike mag that isn't a glorified advertising pamphlet)

Swissn Did you check out that bike I showed you on website .Best build I have ever seen both in engineering and craftsmanship.

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-30-2016 at 10:22 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 02:22 PM

I did not. But they just said on the TV that they are in fact allowed to change sprockets. Not the internal ratios.

Ex Silentium Adveho Nex
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

I saw that also . I thought regulating final drive ratios was ridiculous . Not everything printed is true especially USA magazines .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode