Silverstone Classic Bike Race meeting Oct 8th - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Silverstone Classic Bike Race meeting Oct 8th

Hi Peeps

Here are just a few pics of the Classic Bike Race meeting I went to last weekend at Silverstone Circuit..

The sun was out, the Old Race Boys brought their A game and the racing was fierce. You couldn't ask for more

I was on the pit wall at the original start/straight section and noticed a Young Italian Contender had left his calling card.. ( see pic of the black duck tape)

Bloody Silverstone still rip people off on food & drink.. Two coffees from a vending machine cost me 4.80 and if you wanted a sandwich, there was a financial adviser on hand to offer you mortgage advice.

Attached Images

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDS For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 12:06 PM

Thank you for the photos.

Nes

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Thank you Nes, it's my pleasure.

I went to a private car/bike collection today and will start a new thread when I get some time tomorrow.

I'm sure you'll be very impressed, even if others might not.

Thanks
J

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 05:58 PM

New Site Garage
Thanks John, much appreciated.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Thanks John, much appreciated.
Cheers Donsy

Yesterday I was lucky to be invited ( along with a few friends and some local dignitaries)to view a private collection near where I live.

For over 25 years or more I have driven past this location at least once a week and had no idea that inside this plain boring building, was one of the most jaw dropping car & bike collection here in the UK.

If I get some time this weekend, I'll start a new thread and post some pictures up.

Just to get you temped, I actually sat in an Aston Martin DBR2.. Feccccckkkk.....

This collector owns 23 Aston Martin Lagonda's ... I know this model was considered a dogs diner when launched back in 1974, but still impressive when you see 23 of them all line up in 2016 ( including a super rare long wheel base version )..

Also. he owns some of the prettiest Jenson's and AC models..

EMAIL :
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 09:05 PM

JDS thanks for the pics . As I was looking at pics I felt grey hair popping in lol. I remember these racing bikes from the first time around. I see they where running street tires, but what kids don't know is the street tires of today where better than the race tires they had back then .

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-27-2016 at 09:21 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 02:30 AM

Great photos, thanks for taking time to show us
Man, I do remember when this was racing!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
Cheers Donsy

Yesterday I was lucky to be invited ( along with a few friends and some local dignitaries)to view a private collection near where I live.

For over 25 years or more I have driven past this location at least once a week and had no idea that inside this plain boring building, was one of the most jaw dropping car & bike collection here in the UK.

If I get some time this weekend, I'll start a new thread and post some pictures up.

Just to get you temped, I actually sat in an Aston Martin DBR2.. Feccccckkkk.....

This collector owns 23 Aston Martin Lagonda's ... I know this model was considered a dogs diner when launched back in 1974, but still impressive when you see 23 of them all line up in 2016 ( including a super rare long wheel base version )..

Also. he owns some of the prettiest Jenson's and AC models..

C'mon John, where's this other thread then??????

I love the Lagonda - very much a "forgotten" Aston now. I once had the pleasure of seeing "turbo-lag" as a teenager, very impressive!

Bike - 2005 F4 1+1s - Almost stock except for Silmoto cans & de-cat

Location - bottom left corner of the UK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode