KTM RC16 MOTOGP bike confermed for Austrailia round - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

KTM RC16 MOTOGP bike confermed for Austrailia round

KTM confirmed as a wild card entry in the 2016 Valencia MotoGP round.
What are YOUR thoughts and Opinions ?

I am playing it safe by looking at history . In the days of the 990cc V-4 and V-5s, Kenny Roberts Contracted KTM as there engine manufacturer. The KTM units where Powerhouses and the fueling /engine management wasn't bad either . Unlike Kalex?who had phenominal power (even though running only 800cc) but engine control was hit and miss at best.
I believe KTM will again produce a Powerhouse engine with good engine management .

KTMs problem will lye in the chassis. FOR YEARS the Chrome moly tube trellis chassis has been known to be a top tier / trick set up UNTIL Engine Horsepower exceeds roughly 230/240 . Then the Chrome moly trellis chassis just cannot hold up to the stress and becomes TOO flexy.

I know .... MV AGUSTA has been bending/breaking that unwritten rule all of the 2016 season. But then again MV has Been Competitve on a chrome moly chelllis chassis AND running competitive with hemi heads
with and engine developed 15/20 years ago... LOL I'm beginning to thing MV not only has race engineers in there shop but a Magician or 2 lol.

PS.... I know Leon Camier has been riding very well. But ...without bias... if you compare the MV F4RC it has been holding corners tighter than the 2nd year in development Yamaha R1 and the 8 Year old Honds CBR1000RR (STILL WAY YOUNGER THAN THE MV F4RC) AND EQUALLING the POWER of BOTH.
IMHO the FIM should give the MV AGUSTA race engineering Department an award for the hardest working engineering team in WSBK ....OR..Unsung hero award..

SORRY I DIGRESSED, I AM AN AVID MV AGUSTA WSBK FAN.....btw MV F4RC STILL FAST(look at raw times) BUT RAIN ECT BAD LUCK AS OF LATE.

Last edited by [email protected]; 07-25-2016 at 12:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

ALSO . I Just want to wish KTM all the luck in the world. The More teams the better. The Chrome Moly Tube chassis is just such an odd move . I did read an article from ....Matt Oxley? who also questioned why the RETRO? Chrome moly tube chassis. His Opinion was that the Chrome moly tube chassis is a trademark as such for KTM (as it was for Ducati for any years) AND KTM isn't really looking for wins. KTM is just looking for the exposure of being in MOTOGP (tv and attendance in MotoGP has skyrocketed)
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 01:46 AM

lets see what it is capable of doing

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 07:03 AM
JSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermvfanatic View Post
lets see what it is capable of doing
Here is a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQfJRBMw5zU

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Sounds like a 2 stroke higher RPM. Definatly different sound than other MotoGP bikes , but could just be you tube audio.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 11:41 PM

sounds the part

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 12:47 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

I have no idea where you read that they'll be coming to Australia Paul, care to share a link ? All I could find is that they just tested in Austria and Kalio confirmed wild card entry for the last round in Valencia - http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2016/0...alencia/206142
I hope they do better than Aprilia, I actually think they will.

It's nice looking bike.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 07-23-2016 at 01:18 AM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 05:37 AM

New Site Garage
It wasn't long ago that GP looked like it was, forever, going to be a three manufacturer competition. With Aprilia, Suzuki and KTM, it's just refreshing to see some variety. Hopefully, they won't get drummed down by HRC's continual push to make rules that only benefit Honda. I still feel that Dorna is an HRC puppet. Just my opinion.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 06:46 AM

New Site Garage
Fully agree with you there Kevin.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 06:50 AM
JSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake318 View Post
Sounds like a 2 stroke higher RPM. Definatly different sound than other MotoGP bikes , but could just be you tube audio.
J, nothing to do with the audio; that is how it sounds : jsm:

The Following User Says Thank You to JSM For This Useful Post:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode