2016 WSBK Year of the Privateer - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

2016 WSBK Year of the Privateer

The Holmoligation rule was put in because the small European companies such as Aprilia and BMW where (and still are) making a better BASE motorcycle for superbike racing and the Japanese where getting embarrassed of getting beaten. Race fans knew that if the Japanese didn't hire the best riders to overcome Aprilias RSV4 speed and overall race package the Japanese would lose .

The Silver lining is now the privateer is now starting with a better racebike base than the Japanese factory riders. I CANT REMEBER THE LAST TIME I HAVE SEEN SUCH A STRONG PRIVATEER FIELD. IMHO I think its great. No, they might not be fighting for the win or even a podium position, but the privateers are running dam close to a podium and with a little luck , rain ect I wouldn't be surprised to see a privateer on the podium .
TO THE PRIVATEER... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HARD WORK AND SKILL . WE RACE FANS APPRICIATE YOUR EFFORTS AND WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK . JAKE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 06:55 AM

New Site Garage
Jake,

I hear you..Anthony West an Aussie rider has now moved up to WSBK on the Pedercini Kawasaki

he has taken it to the factory team riders and has done well so far with what bike he has. finishing 5t in Malaysia and hanging about the top ten. My company is now sponsoring him (SWEDA) you will see on his helmet and leathers which has allowed him to not worry about finances and concentrate on riding which is half the battle these days

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode