what´s the matter in superstock 1000? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

what´s the matter in superstock 1000?

Hi Friends:

Last year 2006 MV was the main caracter in the championship (superstock 1000), but the current year the MV doesn´t exist.

Do you know what´s the matter this year with MV?

Bad riders?, bad luck?

I miss Luca Scassa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 09:28 AM

This is a pretty good question, man. Be sure You are not the only one wondering. First of all, Gimotorsports fastest Rider, and last Years Runner up, is still a pretty fast Guy but he is way to often in the gravel, or worst. The other riders are just average. For EVR, I must say they didn't found anything what comes close to Luca Scassa. So I said it before, Gimotorsport and EVR have to change things for next Year, and this dramatically.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Hey guys,
We all know the problems very very well....
This year we all thought to have two first riders:Ayrton Badovini and Denis Sacchetti.
Ayrton started the season with a lot of misfortune,and later he likely was not more been the same.
Denis unfortunately he has an operation into the arm,and after he was not the same Denis like last year.
The bikes also,you all can see that all MV starts are not good starts,and wen the race is only 14 laps was impossible for those rider arrive in top 3.
And another situation,this year Luca Scassa was in USA,and Luca is the best rider capable of to systemize MV STK...
We all hope the best for next year,this year certainly is to forget.
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 02:00 PM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigiolino
Hey guys,
We all know the problems very very well....
This year we all thought to have two first riders:Ayrton Badovini and Denis Sacchetti.
Ayrton started the season with a lot of misfortune,and later he likely was not more been the same.
Denis unfortunately he has an operation into the arm,and after he was not the same Denis like last year.
The bikes also,you all can see that all MV starts are not good starts,and wen the race is only 14 laps was impossible for those rider arrive in top 3.
And another situation,this year Luca Scassa was in USA,and Luca is the best rider capable of to systemize MV STK...
We all hope the best for next year,this year certainly is to forget.
pier
there seems to have been a large dose of MV "luck" floating around the world this year for any team racing MV's. we have had the same type of problems with starting races and have also been hit with only a few crashes but very nasty ones just like GI and EVR, we have had random bad luck that has cost us races or seen riders sit out races but when things have gone well we have made a real challenge to the rest of our championship and the target for next year is to remove the bad luck and win as many as possible.

the bikes are capable of that i have no doubt, some hard work over winter and i think many teams will come out fighting from race 1 in their various championships, i know that we will be putting as much effort as possible to be ready to attack the championship from the first lap of race 1 right up untill the flag drops at race 13

roll on 2008
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 03:30 PM

hey chris...............................whats this rumoured suprise at brands? new bike? ...my spies are out!!!!!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 03:31 PM

oh yea.......... n wheres me fuel map!!!!!! lol hope the snett test was ok,
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 03:32 PM

Hi Devil, I can only echo what Chris has said, the bikes themselves make good power, but power without control is nothing. Between us we have found getting those last tenths very difficult to get. Unlike the Japanese bikes where there is a great deal of shared knowledge, we have spent our first season with the bikes learning what they can and can't do.

On the rider front we have both been bedeviled with injuries, poor Howie with just 2 crashes which have forced him to sit out rides where he could have done well. Victor with his horrible wrist injury at Oulton, Warwicks unfortunate Snetterton off culminating in a wrist fracture.

On the bright side Martin is riding really well at the moment and it looks like Chris Burns now has the tools to run with the top guys.

The Snetterton test was a mix of ordinary and good, a gremlin with the STP #1 bike saw Chris sit out much of the day although some progress was made with the #2 bike. Martin went well all day on the X-Bikes machine and the bike was getting well dialled in.

As for Donington next week, we'll have to wait and see. I'm not sure if Howie will be fit but Martin, Chris and Victor are raring to go. We start slightly on the back foot because unlike some teams we couldn't get a track day there beforehand. As anyone will tell you there really is no substitute for going to a track for set up and familiarisation a week before the event.

Going back to the original question, the bike is good, the riders are good enough but the luck we need hasn't gone our way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STPBobC
Hi Devil, I can only echo what Chris has said, the bikes themselves make good power, but power without control is nothing. Between us we have found getting those last tenths very difficult to get. Unlike the Japanese bikes where there is a great deal of shared knowledge, we have spent our first season with the bikes learning what they can and can't do.

On the rider front we have both been bedeviled with injuries, poor Howie with just 2 crashes which have forced him to sit out rides where he could have done well. Victor with his horrible wrist injury at Oulton, Warwicks unfortunate Snetterton off culminating in a wrist fracture.

On the bright side Martin is riding really well at the moment and it looks like Chris Burns now has the tools to run with the top guys.

The Snetterton test was a mix of ordinary and good, a gremlin with the STP #1 bike saw Chris sit out much of the day although some progress was made with the #2 bike. Martin went well all day on the X-Bikes machine and the bike was getting well dialled in.

As for Donington next week, we'll have to wait and see. I'm not sure if Howie will be fit but Martin, Chris and Victor are raring to go. We start slightly on the back foot because unlike some teams we couldn't get a track day there beforehand. As anyone will tell you there really is no substitute for going to a track for set up and familiarisation a week before the event.

Going back to the original question, the bike is good, the riders are good enough but the luck we need hasn't gone our way.
Thanks Bob, out of interest how do you get on with weight on these bikes?

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 08:10 AM

Be careful how you interpret this as I am not on the technical side of things and this could turn out to be quite incorrect. The overall weight itself doesnt seem to be a problem because the power is good enough to drag it all along. Chris Burns reports that the bike is as quick anything on track in a straight line, and the figures through speed traps reflect this. The brakes are also very good as well which is not a performance inhibitor.

Being able to brake hard deep into a corner, whilst holding a line and managing any bumps is a personal set-up issue and often has to be comromised because of the nature of different corners at a particular circuit.

However, it is much more likely that where the weight is on the bike is more of an issue. The engine is quite a heavy lump (compared to others) and it is not located (as far as I understand) in the same way as the Japanese bikes, it is slightly higher in the frame.

For Cadwell we lowered the whole bike, front and rear which made a huge difference and was immediately 50% better handling. This meant we could at last just concentrate on small settings for personal preference. In morning warm up Chris was running with Glen Richards, and inside top 10 pace at a circuit we felt didn't suit the bike.

I suspect that the weight bias front to rear is also quite different (to a Yamaha or Suzuki). What all this amounts to for us trying to get them racing at the top level is a lot of testing and experimentation as we have limited knowledge about them. For both Chris at X-Bikes and STP team this is the first season with the bikes, it's such a shame that the season is closing on us now.

With a years experience behind us I think we will not be far off regular podiums for next years campaign, depending of course on just how good the new 'Blade' is.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 03:29 PM

Thanks Bob, I guess those are the lines that I thought your reply would go along. I suppose we need to remember that the bike is basically a aten year old design, so bits (like engine) will be heavier and not in the same place as modern thinking would have it

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode