MV Owners Club - Cadwell as seen from STP & X-Bikes - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

MV Owners Club - Cadwell as seen from STP & X-Bikes

Apart from a shower at lunch time the prayers of everyone were answered by a very nice day at Cadwell Park. The atomsphere was great, the machines of every shape and size were amazing and as far as I can tell a great time was had by everyone.

Chris from X-Bikes joined us for the day and we ran all three Superstock MV Agusta's that we had with us. Martin Buckles had a great morning and looked very quick indeed. Howie Mainwaring was with us all day showing off his injured hand. Poor Howie is going to have to sit out the Cadwell round, but with luck should be back for Donington.

Chris Burns took our #1 bike out and gave it a good run round. Only a misfire caused by something we don't know about yet put a stop to his antics. Just out of interest he did go quicker than the Kawasaki of Kenny Gilbertson who looked to be flying.

We had our own Victor off today, the poor fella has a dose of Montezumas Revenge at the moment and stayed well away.

Warwick took out our #2 bike to start developing that for the last few rounds. It may sound strange that the bikes need sorting as they are quick right out of the box. The difference is (as some will now confirm) that to get the last tenths from the machines they do need to be tweaked. Every rider has his own preferences and the process can be a painstakingly slow one. This is one reason why the Suzuki's and Yamaha's have an edge at the moment, firslty there are a lot of good people running them, and their is a huge collective knowledge about how to get the best from them from a set-up point of view.

At the end of the day we sent out our Superstock Cup rider Rod Lynn out on the #2 bike, he usually rides an R1 with us. You'll be pleased to hear that he fell in love with it, and this is the one that needs setting up!!

One of my colleagues took a load of pictures from the day, focused on us but they might be of interest. I'm posting them up on the Gallery.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 05:28 PM

kool just wish i cudda bin there!! least you got some dry set time
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 09:14 AM

New Site Garage
We all had a cracking time at Cadwell
The STP guys were excellent, their machinery astounding and their hospitality second to none.
I want to wish them best of luck in the coming rounds and for their future endeavours with the team wherever it may take them.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Takis, many thanks for posting the pictures, and of course I trust you had a good day. We are gearing up for the BSB meeting at the weekend and can confirm that Chris Burns and Martin Buckles will definately be riding with Warwick Nowland possibly riding.

If you want to see a load more from the MV Owners day I have posted them up in my photo album.

Lets hope that we get to see a few MV owners at the weekend, you are all very welcome to come and see us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode