Cluzel to replace Corti at Laguna WSBK Round? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Cluzel to replace Corti at Laguna WSBK Round?

I for one am looking forward to seeing Cluzel on the MV F4RR at LAGUNA SECA WSBK Round.
I have nothing against Corti or any rider personally. But seeing Corti in ...net... shirt he actually had BITCH TITS? IMHO a professional rider competitng in WSBK ,WSS ect should be in good physical condition.
A rider that over weight will get tired/exhausted. This decreases reflexes, timing and consistency.
Cluzel looks to be roughly 125lbs ,in great condition and very talented .He is French not Italian but I would pick talent over nationalism any day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 08:04 AM

New Site Garage
Uhm Paul, look again mate, there will be is a very fit English fella on the F4 ( Camier ). I feel sorry for him though, but best of luck to him.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105082

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 10:06 AM

New Site Garage
F3 is nimble and fast in wss
F4 is old, lacking power and agility

Cluzel or corti cant compensate that on the f4

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Hi Donsey, My mistake . I wrote thead before race . IMHO Camier was a good choice also. In the 2013 WSBK season Camier looked to have the Speed/Skill to be a title contender. unfortunately for Camier the Suzuki GSXR1000R was/is lacking in handling and power in comparison to the other 5 manufactures competing in WSBK.

Hb88x looking at trap speed figures the MV F4RR looks to equal the Honda CBR1000RR & Suzuki GSXR1000R in top speed, but down on power/top speed to the Aprilia RSV4, Kawasaki ZX10RR ,Ducati 1199RR Panagale and the BMW S1000RR If the BMW S1000RR was a factory effort.
(Since BMW dropped factory effort people have seemed to forgotten that the S1000RR inline 4 is a Modern high tech race design)

I am VERY impressed with MV AGUSTA race engineers . They have taken a roughly 15 year old Hemi Head design engine and evolved/massaged
it to make competitive power. Aprilia,Kawasaki,BMW Ducati,Honda and even Suzuki designed there engines derived from Fresh F1 race engine designs.

You have heard the race commentators say the F4RR has just started development in WSBK and given proper development time the F4RR will produce more power to equal the top horse power producers Aprilia , Kawasaki and BMW. This outlook is a bit over optimistic IMHO being the F4RR
uses a Hemi head design and has Already been Massaged/evolved for a decade.
I HOPE I am wrong LOL and will continue to Cheer on The MV AGUSTA F4RR. Who doesn't love to cheer on an under dog.

Last edited by [email protected]; 07-17-2014 at 11:18 AM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

The F4RR Chassis. Even before the season started I had reservations on whether or not a trellis tube design could withstand the horsepower being made by current WSBK racing without having TOO much flex . We have all read/ heard Ducati designed the new ground breaking 1199 Monoque chassis because the venerable 1098/1198 Trellis chrome molly steel tube chassis could not be designed to handle modern WSBK horsepower. Was Ducati be honest in there analysis? or was it just to make a marketing splash? I DONT KNOW? Ducati said the Trellis chrome moly design flexed TOO much under the stress of modern WSBK horsepower outputs. BUT Ducati never stated how much Horsepower there Trellis Chrome moly steel tube design could withstand before it became over stressed?

Donsey.... any thoughts here? You are the sights MV F4RR racing expert.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 11:16 PM

New Site Garage
No Paul, I know nothing about the F4RR, I've only recently ridden one on the road, where it felt great, but MUCH heavier than me race bike.
The way I see it, and from what I've heard, I think the F4RR's biggest problem is electronics, then weight.

Everybody knows how long it took Kawasaki and BMW to sort out their electronics, before they could start winning, Honda still has not got it right, and Aprilia still struggles every now and again.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 01:59 AM

New Site Garage
How much does your race bike way Donsy....... Not that I'm hijacking of course ��
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 02:45 AM

New Site Garage
Not sure these days, I'll try and weigh her again this weekend, a few years back the scales said 184kg with oil water and about 5L of fuel in the bike.
Keep in mind, the only Titanium is on my fat arse, no magnesium parts, and using steel tank, standard headers, S/S Arrows ... etc.
Very much standard except for the things you can see.
I imagine the other bike without the alternator etc, to be another +/- 4kg's lighter.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 07:09 PM

All very interesting!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 05:59 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake318 View Post
The F4RR Chassis. Even before the season started I had reservations on whether or not a trellis tube design could withstand the horsepower being made by current WSBK racing without having TOO much flex . We have all read/ heard Ducati designed the new ground breaking 1199 Monoque chassis because the venerable 1098/1198 Trellis chrome molly steel tube chassis could not be designed to handle modern WSBK horsepower. Was Ducati be honest in there analysis? or was it just to make a marketing splash? I DONT KNOW? Ducati said the Trellis chrome moly design flexed TOO much under the stress of modern WSBK horsepower outputs. BUT Ducati never stated how much Horsepower there Trellis Chrome moly steel tube design could withstand before it became over stressed?

Donsey.... any thoughts here? You are the sights MV F4RR racing expert.
Hi Jake,it's interesting how well Bimota is perfoming in WSBK with a trellis frame and alloy swingarm plates running an inline four cylinder very similar in bore/stroke as the MV but with a sophisticated electronics package,maybe given time they'll become more competitive.Cheers Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode