Portimão 2014 - a day for MV to forget... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Portimão 2014 - a day for MV to forget...

As you all watched on TV, Jules Cluzel started well to end up in disgrace!
The weather had been perfect the whole 2 weeks before, and the next day was perfect again (today - Monday...) ...how unlucky is that ?! ?
Knowing how hard is this circuit for a bike like the F3, the weather just made everything worse.....

But what I don´t understand is, after running straight on the main straight maybe in lap 10 or 12 (can´t remember), but still coming back in to fight for the front places, the cameras simply didn´t show what happened to the french rider for going from 6th to 18th place in a matter of a lap or two...
does anyone know what went (terribly) wrong? Did he crash? Was his bike giving problems?? Even Roccoli was fighting for a 10th place and, again without nothing being shown by the cameras, he was giving up the race. What happened in there?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 07:56 PM

New Site Garage
In disgrace, strong words Eduardo.
I have asked the same question, have not been able to find anything definite.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

yeah, man, my heart was somehow broken for the rest of the day...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 02:52 PM

I would guess the same problems in the past. 2 races already before this one, the Bike had trouble with False Neutrals that would cause CLuzel to miss his breaking points and run off the track or into other riders.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 03:29 PM

The official word is it was a tire problem. This is the second time a "tire" problem has caused Cluzel to run wide in hard braking zones. The same thing happend to him in Imola where he finished 15th. I am calling BS on it being tire problems. I believe it is either braking issues or they are still having problems with the gear box. They showed Cluzel pulling into the pits and he was playing with something on the right clip-on and shaking his head.

Official press release: http://www.mvagusta.it/en/news/unluc...to-corse-team/

2013 MV Agusta F3 Red/Silver (Sonya)
2013 MV Agusta F3 Black Track/Race Only (Trinity)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for your info, guys. At least, the reasons for that unexpected lack of performance lies on the bike itself, which needs to continue its development, and not the rider, for riding too much over his capabilities, or unable to know the bike´s limitations, isn´t it?
Find the right rider is maybe harder than finding the technical issues that conditions good results...I guess. You must know that better than me, of course. Isn´t Cluzel "THE RIDER" for this F3? I ask...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode