Brands Hatch Wildcard entry on MV - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

Brands Hatch Wildcard entry on MV

I'm delighted to be able to confirm that Victor Cox will be riding the STP MV Agusta as a wild card entry in the European Superstocks at the Brands Hatch round.

Victor has had a bit of bad luck this year, missing a number of the BSB Superstock rounds after a tumble at Oulton earlier in the year left him with a badly broken right wrist. Now he is back from injury and keen to do well on the MV.

Good luck Victor and good luck MV.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 09:41 AM

Good to know thanks for the info.
I wish victor the best of luck and hope he can make a great result with the MV

I checked some pics.
Did you guys bought last year F4R from GIMotorsport ?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 11:01 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
GO MV! GO Victor!

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 03:54 AM

yep good luck!!!!!! ill be there!!!! do you know if xbikes are wildcarding?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Whow,interesting news!!!
I hope the best for Victor&MV!!
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Last edited by pigiolino; 07-29-2007 at 02:17 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 07:45 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilboy
yep good luck!!!!!! ill be there!!!! do you know if xbikes are wildcarding?
afraid not mate

with both riders having recently had nasty injuries and the weather kind of playing into our hands a bit with all the cancelled races we're gonna have to sit this one out to concentrate on the main superstock stuff.

gutted cos we had intended to do at least one UK round this year but it's just not worth the risk with 6 point scoring races to be held at 4 meetings.

i'll be lurking aorund the paddock though

g'luck vic
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 01:50 PM

kool , hope i see you there!!!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Established Member

Is this the same STP that is the subject of the story on page 24 of the “Summer 2007” issue of FAST BIKES? The writer, Alastair Fagan, had good things to say about the bike (I particularly liked the part about “Unless you’re fat, hairy and own a Harley, the new F4 is a thing of beauty” - even if it didn’t have anything to do with the performance. That’s just choice.) From the review, it sounds as if the F4 is well set-up, and damn fast (good job, Kev). And the paint is gorgeous. So, if I can successfully pass myself off as a moto-journalist, can I have a turn?

And what’s with this business about “delicate race clutch”? I would think that clutches get about as abused as an item of equipment can get. Oh, and by the way, their have been persistent rumors for some time now that the bike gets hot. Can you confirm this?

Anyway, best of luck to you guys – I know you will defend our honor. The bike is beautiful and I am confident that Victor is ready. Glad he’s healed up. Go get ‘em.

Andy C.

'00 YAM R1
'06 MV Brutale S
'08 MV 312R
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 03:00 AM

yes its the same team, i shared a garage with em at a donington park trackday ans can confirm its flippin fast!!!! and sounds awesome, dunno about the clutch issue but they do run hot as all mvs do , they dont like keeping the motors running at scrutineering times or while waiting too long on the grid but once racing theres no problem , maybe the clutch problem could be that if there kept waiting on the grid too long it overheats the clutch i dunno but they never seem to get off line as fast as others!!.over to you bob!!!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

Smile

Yes it is the same STP as Devilboy confirms. As for Fast Bikes keep a look out as they had the bike back for a photo shoot for their 'centrefold'. Should be in the next issue, don't be distracted by the beautilful girl, she doesn't add much sex to the bike.

They get hot, yep you could fry an egg on the footrests (if you could balance on egg on a footrest!!). But so do all the other bikes too so that doesn't seem to be any kind of issue. On track the bike seems to be running about 82 degrees, at standstill it can go well over 100. So don't standstill.

Clutches, interesting because on the number one bike we have never had a problem pulling away, but the number two bike/engine both Victor and Chris Burns have complained about getting it off the line. This leads me to think it is not a generic problem, just something we need to fix on one bike.

I'll do a report on our run out at Castle Combe shortly, but Victor isn't 100% fit yet. That said we will give him lots of sugary things, try a bit of voodoo magic and hope he won't notice that it still hurts. As it says on my t-shirt "pain is just weakness leaving the body", so get on with it and stop moaning is how we sympathise with injured riders. Only kidding, these guys would ride way beyond their pain threshold just to get on a bike. They sometimes look fragile but they are of a different mindset to most of us.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode