Race Report MV 312 VS 1098 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Race Report MV 312 VS 1098

You may be interested to know that in the Australian East Coast race series the MV 312R of Brendan Clarke again won all races last weekend in the Superbikle class. That makes it a total clean sweep of ALL races in Every Round. That is it, was never beaten.

This round was at Eastern Creek and is the home of a rop pro twins racer, Craig McMartin who entered his 1098 race bike as the superbike class here now allows them to compete against the 1000's.

Our bikes are very close to standard road bikes with very minor mods allowed (at this level).

The weather was a bit iffy, and the 1098 took pole with two 312R's on the front row (2nd & 4th). After a poor start(dead last) it took untill lap 3 for Clarke to pass the Duke.

Eastern Creek has a relatively long straight and the MV had "longer legs".

There is a report in our latest AMCNews magazine so hopefully another Aussie can post it.

But still, a very impressive display from both bikes and riders and when you think the rest of the field are all Japanese 1000's it is great to see two Italians "Dukeing" it out.

The MV has certainly got people impressed on this side of our continent, and it was an excellent result for the 1098.

In the F1 BEARS class John Allen dominated with wins on his MV in all rounds against serious 999 superbikes.

MVA Sydney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 11:07 PM

That is completely awesome - congrats! the factory should take notice.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 11:36 PM

"After a poor start(dead last) it took untill lap 3 for Clarke to pass the Duke."

For me, the statement above says it all! Do you know how difficult it is to do that? Typically, a dead last start won't even get you into 4th or 5th place at the finish. We've got the pilots - we've got the jets!!! MV Agusta!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 11:37 PM

Thanks for the report MVA, you are lucky having all that action on the East coast. Any idea if and when the circus comes to Barbagallo?

SENNA 070/300
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 11:43 PM

Sweet!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Here you go.....

MV Agusta Undefeated in East Coast Road Race Championship
July 25th, 2007

MV Agusta Undefeated in East Coast Road Race Championship

Eastern Creek in Western Sydney, NSW provided the venue for Team MV Agusta’s onslaught of the final round of the East Coast Road Race Championship. Team riders Brendan Clarke and Craig Trinder were the dominating force in the premier Superbike Category, with Brendan taking three wins from three starts, and Craig two seconds and a third to cap off a brilliant showing for the MV team.

“It was a fantastic weekend,” said Team Manager Steve Trinder. “Both the riders rode incredible from the moment they arrived, and the times throughout racing is something we are really excited about. It proves that the progression of the MV race bikes is increasing rapidly.”

“I was rapt with the results from the weekend,” said Brendan. “The three race wins means I was undefeated in the championship, which I’m pumped about. The bike felt great from the moment we wheeled it out of the truck. It was a very similar set-up to what we ran at Queensland Raceway and a lot more comfortable than round one here at the start of the year. My best time of 1:32.9 proves that we are on the pace of the Aussie Superbike guys and also that the bike is developing in leaps and bounds.”

Taking a weekend off from his usual Naked Bike ride, Eastern Creek was a first ride on the Superbike machine for Craig Trinder, who rode incredibly well to land on the podium in all three races. “The F4 R312 is without doubt the fastest bike I have ever ridden,” said Craig. “It’s the sort of fast that makes your eyes roll back in your head. It was an absolute gem to race though, and is such a phenomenal, well rounded package.

“Personally my progression has been unreal. This was only my third race meeting since my broken leg, and I feel stronger with every ride. I’m really looking forward to getting my fitness back to the level it was before and being able to run at race pace every lap. Finishing on the podium in all three races was great, especially going 1-2 with my teammate. It really was a top weekend.”

The three wins from Clarke wrapped up an undefeated championship for the MV Agusta Race Team with 15 wins from 15 starts across the five rounds of racing.

The MV Agusta team is currently putting in a concerted push towards our 2008 assault on the 2008 Australian Superbike Series with extensive testing and development of a range of new technology aimed at putting us on top of the rostrum for 2008.

Brendan Clarke on the MV Agusta at Eastern Creek

MCNEWS.COM.AU

MVA Sydney
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 04:00 AM

Truly AWESOME news
It's great to know the F4's are doing so well there.
Thanks for posting it up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode