MotoGP Laguna Seca *SPOILER* - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 02:57 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ozboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Perth W.A ,Australia
Posts: 1,937
MotoGP Laguna Seca *SPOILER*

WOW,what a day for OZ racing Stoner 1st and Chris 2nd.
Thats the best birthday I've had in years.
The worst of luck for Hopper and Hayden.
Looks as though Melandri is back in form,he cant get too good though.We cant have him winning at Phillip Is again

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike






To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ozboy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 03:07 AM
anothermvfanatic
Guest
i cant stand stonner
vermulen great guy, and great rider
stoner is a C*()k
arrogant litle bastard
but yes very talented rider
and im aussie at that
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 03:23 AM
Senior Member
 
mikef4uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chester UK
Posts: 5,193
I think the racing is crap at the moment, the only thing that happened all race was Rossi caught Pedrosa and passed him, in the past we have had real dices on the last couple of laps with dozens of overtakes etc, this tyre war between Mich and Bridgestone is killing it

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)


MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mikef4uk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 03:51 AM
Established Member
 
GRAgusta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 228
New Site Garage
Mike

I agree with you, the races are much more interesting when there is a fight for the lead up untill the end. At the moment it looks like the tyre war is being well won by Bridgestone, Michelin are sorely letting down their teams. Most of all it is the spectators who are losing out.
GRAgusta is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 06:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Velocemoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermvfanatic
i cant stand stonner
vermulen great guy, and great rider
stoner is a C*()k
arrogant litle bastard
but yes very talented rider
and im aussie at that
I love Stoner, I think he's just quiet, reserved and doesn't bounce around like a twat after he wins....I guess some see that as an arrogant bastard ???
I can't see how you judge him as arrogant ???
The Ducati Corse team/family adore him, he hardly says a bad thing about everyone, yet takes his wins with maturity and dignity...

Just because he doesn't carry a blow up doll on the back of his bike after every win, doesn't make him a tight ass c*ck...

Personally, I hope he shoves it up [email protected]'s ass and wins by over 100 points.

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Velocemoto is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 06:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Velocemoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAgusta
Mike

I agree with you, the races are much more interesting when there is a fight for the lead up untill the end. At the moment it looks like the tyre war is being well won by Bridgestone, Michelin are sorely letting down their teams. Most of all it is the spectators who are losing out.
How quickly we forget..That race not long ago at Barcelona i think it was, where Stoner and Rossi traded places right till the end, was one of the best, most dramatic races i've seen....

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Velocemoto is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 08:09 AM
anothermvfanatic
Guest
like always pete
you present valid points
why did i know i was going to get a comment from you on this one
yes stoner doesnt carry a blow up doll or anything
i call him arrogant because i feel he lacks respect for one of the greatest riders that ever lived. Yes that is Rossi
Yes Casee rides very very well, but
i think the line between arrogance and confidence is too fine with him
i too have heard the ducati team think the world of him, i feel that is because he is winning
but pete
to say that u hope he wins by 100pts and shoves it up rossis arse is a tad bid harsh man, Rossi is without a shadow of a doubt one of the greatest riders that ever lived. Stoner will never be in that category ever, despite the fact he is stlll young.

And also most importantly Rossi, is one of and if not the greatest thing to happen to this sport. What he has brought, people, marketing, personality etc etc (to a lack of personality sport (if u like f1 territory) stoner or hardly anyone else in the motogp will never bring. Stoner yes is a good rider, but man he like pedrossa (ice man) boring personalities dont bring people to watch this sport.,....jst my opinion
no offence to anyone
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 08:10 AM
anothermvfanatic
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocemoto
How quickly we forget..That race not long ago at Barcelona i think it was, where Stoner and Rossi traded places right till the end, was one of the best, most dramatic races i've seen....

fully agree
an absolute awesome race
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ozboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Perth W.A ,Australia
Posts: 1,937
Thumbs up

WOW didn't expect this kind of reaction.

I love Rossi,he is talented beyond words.BUT he was pretty "arrogant" in his early days.Its called propaganda,call it racing politics if you like.
Psyching out your opponents is another side to racing.Casey has yet to acknowledge Rossi psyching him out,SMART man that Casey.
He will become a racing legend...the writngs on the wall!
BTW Perth Street Bikes holds a charity each year called MAD(make a difference).It raises funds and awareness for spinal injuries.
Casey stoner has signed a replica Ducati racebike #27 as the grand prize for this charity...the guy finds time for this in his schedule.Heres the link for those interested www.perthstreetbikes.com
Look up "The making a difference ride" to see this great bike.
+1 with you Pete.

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike






To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ozboy is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 05:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Velocemoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermvfanatic
like always pete
you present valid points
why did i know i was going to get a comment from you on this one
yes stoner doesnt carry a blow up doll or anything
i call him arrogant because i feel he lacks respect for one of the greatest riders that ever lived. Yes that is Rossi
Yes Casee rides very very well, but
i think the line between arrogance and confidence is too fine with him
i too have heard the ducati team think the world of him, i feel that is because he is winning
but pete
to say that u hope he wins by 100pts and shoves it up rossis arse is a tad bid harsh man, Rossi is without a shadow of a doubt one of the greatest riders that ever lived. Stoner will never be in that category ever, despite the fact he is stlll young.

And also most importantly Rossi, is one of and if not the greatest thing to happen to this sport. What he has brought, people, marketing, personality etc etc (to a lack of personality sport (if u like f1 territory) stoner or hardly anyone else in the motogp will never bring. Stoner yes is a good rider, but man he like pedrossa (ice man) boring personalities dont bring people to watch this sport.,....jst my opinion
no offence to anyone
I watched motorcycling well before Rossi, and I'll be watching it well after he's finished....he's great, no doubt about it, but I love the fact Casey is matching him this year.

I dont watch the racing for their personalities to be honest, if I was into that I'd watch big brother...........I watch the racing, and at the moment, young Casey is riding "like a God" as Rossi put it.

Valentino can shove his face in the camera as much as he wants, when the lights go off, I'll be rooting for stoner
Does your Italian roots have anything to do with you loving Rossi

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Velocemoto is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome