oulton bsb - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

oulton bsb

well i dont believe it!!!!! two meetings in a row and the s/stox race has been called off due to torrential rain!!! team xbikes had 2 riders returning from injury and howie mainwareing qualified a brilliant 4th , considering his massive crash at monza is a good achievement and martin buckles qualified 15th team stps chris burns however had a bit of a nightmare in practice and only managed i think 26th, the race was started in rainy conditions but was stopped after 4 laps due to a torrential downpour and was never restarted. ive heard theres gonna be a double header at donington to make up for the knockhill cancellation but i dunno about the oultonrace, maybe chris of xbikes can let us know. on another note ive just gotta say how frustrating and upsetting it must be for these teams who spend so much time money and effort in trying to race and then get cancelled at the last minute!! my heart goes out to you guys who run the teams abnd i dont think that the general; public realise the effort that goes on behind the scenes . it is also very upsetting for us the spectators who had sat thru all the rain in our wets under our brollies waiting for the race that features the bikes(mvs) we are most interested in . a big thanks to chris of xbikes for taking the time to talk about mvs while prepping the race bikes it was appreciated!!! good luck at mallory!!! if only we could control the weather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

just seen theres to be a double header also at brands indy at the end of the season!!!!! is their any chance of wildcarding at wsb chris?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

do you have a webite mr x bikes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 01:46 PM

I was there Saturday, had a good talk to Chris and Howie( thanks for that boys), I also got to listen to the bikes between Old Hall and down the avenue during qualifying, boy did they sound well!! Howie was well quick down there, flat out dissapearing over the crest (in the dry and sunny weather Devilboy!!) before Cascades was something I will remember for a while

The STP team I think have 'some' factory or 3X backing, he was telling me the engines come direct from MV Italy already blueprinted and real strong hp, however the STP bikes looked a little soft at the rear, they were changing gear just past me and the back end squatted every time, I would imagine it would also do that under power midcorner? but hey, I am a race car engineer and not a motorcycle race engineer

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mikef4uk; 07-16-2007 at 01:52 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 02:05 PM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk
I was there Saturday, had a good talk to Chris and Howie( thanks for that boys), I also got to listen to the bikes between Old Hall and down the avenue during qualifying, boy did they sound well!! Howie was well quick down there, flat out dissapearing over the crest (in the dry and sunny weather Devilboy!!) before Cascades was something I will remember for a while

The STP team I think have 'some' factory or 3X backing, he was telling me the engines come direct from MV Italy already blueprinted and real strong hp, however the STP bikes looked a little soft at the rear, they were changing gear just past me and the back end squatted every time, I would imagine it would also do that under power midcorner? but hey, I am a race car engineer and not a motorcycle race engineer
aye was nice to meet you both.

my engines and STP's are the same................i know this cos i mapped their bikes with a PCIII and we have near on identical power.

i did hear a few people comment that howie was having fun out there on saturday and getting the bike into all kinds of shapes into and out of most corners all we get from him is a load of squeaks and bleeps as he recreates the rev limiter sound and shows us how far he had it stepped out and spinning

Martin did really well considering his recent injury and short healing time, infact from howie in 4th to martin in 16th only 0.764s seperated them, now thats close in anyones language.

we'll see what happens for the two last double header rounds, donnington will be great but brands indy.......hmmmmmmmmm not too sure..........it's an ok track but it's nice to finish the season on the GP circuit.

good to meet you both
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

it depends on which bike burns was out on mike! they have two and one of them has standard suspension on , i think its the one with the arrow 4 pipe system , the other has the arrow 2 pipe set up and seems to be their number 1 bike they also run standard steering dampers at the front while the x bikes have the gpr damping system and race shocks on the rear , i also noticed that xbikes have their forks set down thru the yokes compared to the stp team but this could just be rider preferance! xbikes were very informative and seem a good bunch of blokes even tho they did run outta butties lol
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 04:11 PM

I'm sure he told me one had Ohlins forks and the other had Ohlins inserts, one ran 4 pipe exhausts (ex GI motorsports) the other had the twin Arrow system.
The race tech was changing rear sprockets whilst I was watching,looked like he was putting one on with about a million teeth on it

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 06:31 PM

Fortunately X Bikes didnt travel to Knockhill . I took some pics of the STP team and meant to post them but got sidetracked with our own floods.

Hope you dont mind if I stick them in here and a big thanks to the STP team for their hospitality through what was a trying weekend.

The first pic is Chris Burns on the twin pipe bike on Friday free practice which he qualified 7th
He had them switch the motor to the ex GI bike for Sat but only completed a few laps in the morning dry session with an engine problem which was solved for the 2cnd session in the wet where he was fastest by 0.5 sec . Unfortunately that left him at the back of the grid for the race and then the rains came.

Sorry for the camera quality some more Stalker pics , he's trying so hard .
Attached Images

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 04:16 PM

I think I can clear up some bits and pieces about the STP bike. Bits are changed from one to the other on a regular basis as things get tried out so looking at the exhaust system as an indicator as to which bike is on track can be misleading.

Like Chris we have 2 bikes and they came from the same factory, however our first bike was prepared at GiMotorsport by our Kevin and Steve. This bike came with the two exhaust Arrow system.

The second bike which was delivered to us at Snetterton by Chris Mayhew the MV Dealer from North Leicester Motorcycles who drove down to the factory to collect it. This was the same time that Shakey picked up his 910R from Chris at the same meeting. The bike that Chris collected for us had parts collected from all over Italy, among those parts was the Arrow 4 pipe system which we love the look of. It also had a fairing on it from Ianuzzo's 2005 MV.

Chris at X-Bikes did the fuelling on both bikes for us and found that both exhaust systems produced pretty much the same power, certainly the 4 pipe system didn't produce any less.

Victor has ridden the first bike all season and was the one he tipped off at Oulton with earlier this year. Warwick then highsided the same bike at Snetterton.

Chris has tested the bike a couple of times and if it wasn't for the rain, the sun, the misfire, the food, the 24 hour daylight and more rain at Knockhill it looked like our season was going to turn. For once we had it running really nicely with a rider happy with the setup, and then it was cancelled. We were indeed feeling a bit low.

Between Knockhill and Oulton the bike was prepared for a Fast Bikes photo shoot and the 4 pipe system replaced the two pipe system for that. So when Chris wheeled it out at Oulton it was still the original chassis that Victor and Warwick rode but with the 4 pipe exhaust.

I suspect that unless we are forced to go back to the two pipe system for any reason, we'll try and run the 4 pipes for the rest of the year.

At Oulton Howie did a fantastic job on the X-Bikes machine and were praying for the dry. Chris did a good job in the wet free practice session, he hadn't ridden there for over 5 years and parts of the track were completely new to him.

Our bike had a misfire in the dry qualifying session which really set us back. We wanted a wet race, but not that wet.

If all goes to plan Victor will ride the bike at the Castle Coombe meeting in a couple of weeks time.

Bob

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

hi bob n welcome to the site say hi to jon n warwick !!! maybe warwick could contribute to the site with a report or sommat like after the race meeting saying how things have gone, same for chris of xbikes im sure the guys on here would like that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode