MotoGP Round 7 !!Spoiler!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Thumbs up MotoGP Round 7 !!Spoiler!!

Damn what a race. I know it's two factories and four riders, but they put on a hell of a race between them today. Marquez wins 7 in a row, Vale being on the game in full balls out old school style! And how cool are Rossi and Marquez together. You can tell there is a lot of respect between those two.

Dani, please refer to Kevin's "Monkey Repsol Thread"

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 12:55 AM

New Site Garage
Pedrosa's lust for 1st was palpable. I'd never think that two members of the same team would compete with so much risk to beat each other.

Rossi was outstanding, I'd love to see him and Marquez swap bikes for a race to see the rider/bike comparison.

Starting to feel bad for Cal, can't catch a break

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 12:57 AM

I was on edge just waiting for the inevitable banzai move and crash, but they raced hard and so close I was spellbound.
It's a shame we have had to wait this long for pedrosa to show his racing in traffic credentials, and it looked like he actually was content with the result, having tried his best and missed out by one tiny error at the last minute.
Can't wait for the next instalment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 06:04 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckler View Post
Pedrosa's lust for 1st was palpable. I'd never think that two members of the same team would compete with so much risk to beat each other.
Seems we've all forgotten Dani taking his teammate Hayden out when Hayden was fighting for the championship......Dani is just lucky, he would have been done in MotoGP had he taken down Marquez.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 06:15 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Great race, Moto3 was good too, further down the pack at least, what took fuckin Miller so long to wake up, hope he's not getting over confident too soon.

I thought of Danny taking out Nicky as well Ed, I sort of hoped he would do it again, so that we can be rid of him for good.

I'm just happy to see Rossi in front of Lorenzo, again, everything else is a bonus.

Two great races in a row, bring on Assen.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 10:42 AM

Not even half way through the season and the fat lady is warming up her vocal cords.

This was it. The one. No, make that THE ONE.

According to the experts, this was not a track that suited Marquez' riding style. THIS was the place where Dani, Jorge and the Espargaro's were to shine. THIS was the track where all would see Marquez's Achilles Heel... if only he had an Achilles Heel.

Instead of all the blather in the papers what was needed was a banner in front of the stadium reading "Lose Hope All Ye Who Enter Here." Barring tragedy, it is completely over. First loser will collect a nice paycheck but not much more.

Marquez could run the table. Eighteen wins aren't out of the question. When Nicky Hayden won the championship a few years back he won but two races. Here we may see the exact opposite. It may take quite a bit of doing for all the others rides in the series to manage to steal two wins from Marquez.

Lorenzo must be completely devastated. He's not even the fastest Yamaha. Rossi can still battle, but not for the distance anymore. Dani has cast off the albatross that was Alberto Puig and he looks better than he has in years. While he may have the best chance, even his chances aren't very good - not without disaster for Marquez - or a little "help" from Honda.

Perhaps the only question that remains is, will it be a perfect year for Honda or will it be a perfect year for Honda and Marquez?

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...

Last edited by emmvee; 06-16-2014 at 10:44 AM.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 07:15 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
I Will Never Forget!

Name:  repsol.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  40.0 KB

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Great race, Moto3 was good too, further down the pack at least, what took fuckin Miller so long to wake up, hope he's not getting over confident too soon.

I thought of Danny taking out Nicky as well Ed, I sort of hoped he would do it again, so that we can be rid of him for good.

I'm just happy to see Rossi in front of Lorenzo, again, everything else is a bonus.

Two great races in a row, bring on Assen.

donsy i do not appreciate you commenting on moto3 at all
shame on you
I COULD NOT WATCH IT COS IM NOT RICH ENOUGH FOR FOXTEL LOL

lucky bugger grrrr to u rich man

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 08:19 AM

i thought the race was amazing, good to see danni up there for third place, yes when he touched marquez wheel i thought here we go again aka nicky hayden and dani saga, but alas marquez kept the bike vertical, amazing amazing rider marquez is
it seems as though mentally rossi has gotten to lorenzo, and he seems rossi is still hungry for one more title as he is in talks for renewing a two year contract....

which leads me to this point
lorenzo hasn't signed yet, will he go to Honda and Honda dump danni
surely they cant resign danni, he has done not much in any of his many years at honda, despite being spanish and riding for a spanish sponser why would they keep him

if lorenzo goes to yamaha...... holy cow that would be seriously entertaining to watch

i love rossi like many and i pray he will win one more championship, god knows he is trying his ass off, but being realistic it seems it might be a bit hard.

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 09:57 AM

Mind the Moto3 portuguese Miguel Oliveira with the Mahindra, this time with no mechanical problems, got up from 19t to 4th place, and lost the podium by 0,18 seconds!
KTM should recrute him next season!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode