MotoGP Phillip IS and maybe Sepang - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2007, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

MotoGP Phillip IS and maybe Sepang

Hi,

I'm planning a trip from California to see the Phillip Island race and was hoping some MV locals could give me some advice on where to stay, (on the island, just off, or maybe even in Melbourne) ? Would the drive be crazy from Melbourne?
I should be flying in on Sat and out on Mon, so just need two nights.

Also, where is the best place to watch the race from with general admission tickets ?

Cheers,
Mako
04 Brutale S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 03:34 AM

Should be there, best place to stay is a place called Cows. It's on the island and melbourne is about an hour and a half.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 03:59 AM

yep, best place to stay is on the Island but accomadation can be hard/impossible to come by if planning on motels/hotels. Most people I know lease a house for the weekend.

The drive is normally about 1 1/2 hours on the freeway/highway from the city centre but add an extra 1/2 - 1 hour due to the Moto GP traffic, especially going back on Sunday. Add about 1/2 - 3/4 of an hour from the airport to the city.

my favourite vantage points are MG (one of the two slow corners) and Siberia (you get to see Honda, Siberia and heading up to turn 7 - best on the Honda side of Siberia) although turn 12 (onto the main straight) is also pretty good.

Suggest wander on Saturday and park your bum on Sunday.

i'll be there but on a 1978 900 SS Ducati as the trip to the Island is a four day/2500km ride with about 30 or so older Ducatis (it's called the Bloody Big Bevel Ride).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 05:24 AM

Thumbs up

I'm camping,as prices on the island for accomodation are sky high.

This time of year you would be very lucky to get a place on the island.
Turn 12 would be ideal if:1)They had decent grandstands there.
2)There was a giant screen to watch the rest of the race.
Check out this link,it has everything you need www.phillipislandcircuit.com.au

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 05:30 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmevi125s
yep, best place to stay is on the Island but accomadation can be hard/impossible to come by if planning on motels/hotels. Most people I know lease a house for the weekend.

The drive is normally about 1 1/2 hours on the freeway/highway from the city centre but add an extra 1/2 - 1 hour due to the Moto GP traffic, especially going back on Sunday. Add about 1/2 - 3/4 of an hour from the airport to the city.

my favourite vantage points are MG (one of the two slow corners) and Siberia (you get to see Honda, Siberia and heading up to turn 7 - best on the Honda side of Siberia) although turn 12 (onto the main straight) is also pretty good.

Suggest wander on Saturday and park your bum on Sunday.

i'll be there but on a 1978 900 SS Ducati as the trip to the Island is a four day/2500km ride with about 30 or so older Ducatis (it's called the Bloody Big Bevel Ride).
What day will you be arriving?
Are you goin straight to the track?

07 F41000R

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info guys !!

I tried looking online for place in Cows.......seems like there all booked. We book a year in advance her for the Laguna race. It seems unlikely i'll be able to get a room on the island. Guess i'll try the towns just over the bridge.

Emmevi125...........4 days where are you coming from ?

I should be comming in on Sat morning........just going to the race on Sun then flying out on Mon.

Cheers,
Mako

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode