Spoiler Alert - WSBK and WSS Sepang 2014 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Smile Spoiler Alert - WSBK and WSS Sepang 2014

Cluzel on Pole.
Leanov not to bee seen.
What is up with Leonov, I never rated him much, but I didn't think he was this useless, I wish MV signed Rolfo instead, but I suppose Leonov came with the sponsor money.
About to watch WSS live, too early for drinks, so I'll just have a strong coffee lined up.

I hope Corti brings some points home again, that bike looked so good in qualifying.

Good luck MV.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 10:48 PM

hey dons, i'll be watching as well, the mrs is out at the cinema and our 17mnth old is fast asleep, just about to put the kettle on lol
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 11:44 PM

Wow! .018! Great Race.

2013 MV Agusta F3 Red/Silver (Sonya)
2013 MV Agusta F3 Black Track/Race Only (Trinity)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 11:54 PM

Missed it by thaaaat much.
Cool track that allows for lots of different lines and good racing.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 12:00 AM

New Site Garage
What a great race. Looks like MV just need a little bit more from that F3 and it will be unstoppable.

Why dont the supersport have 2 races and only 1 by the way ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 08:16 AM
Established Member

Awesome. Another podium.

I'm disappointed he missed the win by THAT much, but in the big picture this is great!

Second in the overall standings, excellent for a 1st year entry.

Last edited by SmellyBean; 06-08-2014 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Spelling :p
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Cluzel on Pole.
Leanov not to bee seen.
What is up with Leonov, I never rated him much, but I didn't think he was this useless, I wish MV signed Rolfo instead, but I suppose Leonov came with the sponsor money.
About to watch WSS live, too early for drinks, so I'll just have a strong coffee lined up.

I hope Corti brings some points home again, that bike looked so good in qualifying.

Good luck MV.
Me thinks the F4 program might take longer to be competitive, but the results of the F3 program is showing corporate HQ and their sponsors that MV is a viable brand to invest in.

Plus having multiple bikes in multiple racing series would mean shared R&D across all platforms, and hopefully filtering down to their consumer models.

Btw does anyone know how the F3 is doing in the South Africa racing series?

I'm really looking forward to the F4 program next year, and seeing what kind of competitive leap the bike takes after having a full season's experience for both the rider and team.

Go MV!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellyBean View Post
Btw does anyone know how the F3 is doing in the South Africa racing series?
Scroll down, I posted about it last year.
They won the Superstock title, without a mention on MV's home website, most guys on this forum didn't even acknowledge the results.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 11:06 AM

I'm enjoying the SS races more than MotoGP this year. Was a thrilling race right until the end.

Disappointed Cluzel didn't win though...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Scroll down, I posted about it last year.
They won the Superstock title, without a mention on MV's home website, most guys on this forum didn't even acknowledge the results.
I was very surprised last year when I read the results, wins and a championship?!? Wow!

That lead me to believe the F3 would be competitive in WSBK this year.

I think the win in the first WSS race set up unrealistic expectations, for me anyways. I view this entire 2014 F3 season as a steep learning curve for MV, but so far things have gone very well. Cluzel has finished all 6 races he started, attesting to the robustness of the triple, and the chassis of the bike.

I agree, MV has to do a better job of promoting its re-entry into various racing series. At a global corporate level and not leave it to various regional dealerships, networks, and individual race teams.

Those 37 championships on my tank beneath the clear coat is past history, although a rich one that can't be discounted. Since the introduction of the F4, no models in MV's current line up can trace its lineage to those winning bikes. That has to change.

But for more sponsorship money and teams, better R&D data for the company, eyeballs in the showroom, and bragging rights amongst the Italian brands, MV has to win another championship in this millennium. A slow process for sure, but we can all agree it's nice to see our beloved logo speed around tracks everywhere.

Go MV!

Last edited by SmellyBean; 06-08-2014 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Spelling :p

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode