MV Agusta Forum banner

Most common question

3K views 39 replies 27 participants last post by  TreeMV 
#1 ·
Why does everyone ask "What's the fastest you've been?"

Whats your most common question?

#6 ·
What is 'that'? MV Agusta motorcycle. Ok, but who makes 'it'?
Do you like 'it'? Really now wtf. No, its a stupid thing to have.
Who much does 'it' cost? Um, how much do you get paid?
Where did you buy 'it'? WalMart but they are on sale at the Home Depot.

#11 ·
Believe it or not I have gotten all the questions asked above. There is only 1 person I have met in my life...well make that 2 and they are both European and jsut about some of the coolest people I know who have heard about MV Agustas.

I also got asked this gem once "Is that a HA-BA-YU-SA"?

#12 ·
I've been asked all of those, but there's another one I get with some frequency: "That's beautiful. How can you ride it? If I had one, it'd be in my living room." My short answer to that is "I bought it to ride it. It's a *motorcycle*." The follow up to that is "What if something happens to it?" Answer: "Like my first one, totaled by a guy that ran a red light? That's what insurance is for."

I don't mind the "What did it cost?" question too much, because anyone can look up the retail price. I don't put that in the same realm as "How much do you get paid?" I usually say something like "about twice as much as a Suzuki." At that point, I occasionally need to point out just how truly ugly a Hayabusa is.

#27 ·
That's pretty close to the answer I used to give.

"Wow. That's a lot for a motorcycle"

"Yes, but I had the option to get the most beautiful and most eagerly anticipated motorcycle of the decade, or a Camry, as long as I went easy on the options. And I rarely drive a car."

I don't use that answer as much any more now that I have a car.

#14 ·
1. How fast does it go?
2. What's the fastest you've been?
3. What is it? It's an MV Agusta. Yeah, but what is it? It's an MV Agusta. What's that? It's a handmade Italian bike. Yeah, but who makes it? :banghead:

#19 ·
1. How old is it? (it's a classic so they ALWAYS start with that one)
2. Is it a Guzzi? Answer: Eh no, it's an MV Agusta....followed by: And what's that?
3. Did you restore it yourself? Answer: Of course I did! (yeah right... ;) )

The coolest one I got was from a guy asking: "didn't I see you yesterday in that town around ... o'clock?"
He was right, I was indeed there and it was 40 miles away, you get noticed on an MV and people remember.
As long as they're not coppers I suppose that's a good thing :D

#22 · (Edited)
Here in Australia the MV seems to be remembered (especialy if you mention Agostini), however here are a few gems from my other bikes:

Most unusual conversation: 1993 - stopped at a look-out for for a Magazine to take pictures for a feature article on my new Ducati 888 SP5

Public: Thats a nice bike what is it
Andrew: A Ducati
Public: Gee you did a nice restoration
Andrew: No its new
Public: I didn't realise they still made Ducati's

Now buy a Bimota and see what happens:

Public: Thats a nice bike what is it
Andrew: A Bimota
Public: Who makes it
Andrew: Bimota, however it uess a Suzuki engine and the chassis is made in Italy
Public: A so it's a Suzuki
Andrew: No it's not but I don't have time for this

Finally the best Bimota discussion:

Public: I see you have a new bike, it's nice what is it
Andrew: A Bimota
Public: At this rate you'll be able to afford a Harley next time
Andrew: For what I paid for the Bimota I could have afforded the most expensive Harley in the catalogue and used the change to travel to Americal and visit the facotory.
Public: You mean Harley isn't the most expensive bike available?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.