MV Agusta Forum banner

Seat cowl for the 1+1

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Turbo329 
#1 ·
I noticed that the passenger seat bolts into the tail. Is there an aftermarket seat cowl that can bolt into the tail in place of the seat to give the bike a nice monoposto look?

...similar to the ones they make for the Brutale.

#5 ·
I have a friend that does pretty good work. So I gave him the rear hugger off of an F4-R to make a hugger for me. I'm going to see how he does with that and then I'm going to get him a rear set to see what he can do.

I'll keep you posted.

#7 ·
Here's a pic of the hugger he made for me without the clearcoat. He rated it a 9 out of 10. Keep in mind that this is his first one and he is a perfectionist. He's gonna do them for $175

I'm going to go see him in person and see what he can do for me regarding a seat cowl. I'll keep you guys posted.

#11 ·
good idea as it doesn't exist already, but...to keep the monoposto look, MV color matched the seat so that looks like a mono with a seat black seat bump. it works too, until the red color starts to fade. if you make the cowl in carbon, it won't look like a mono unless you have a black bike. but, if he makes a mold that can be match painted, then it would complete it. but then what about the bump pad?

if the price falls under what a mono tail would be you'd prob have a winner. may have a winner regardless of my thoughts anyway.

btw, that hugger looks great. nice market for good quality/priced MV carbon.

#14 ·
Yeah, you make a good point but a little variety every now and then won't hurt. Plus I'd like something on the back to match all the other carbon I have.

I might get him to make carbon for the pieces where the mirrors plug into on top of the ram air. (the part that covers the wiring harness on the left side) Those pieces are like $400 a pop. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.