Leathers - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

Leathers

So I bought a set of RS Taichi leathers last night. And I am pretty sure I should be a size 54 but they only had 52s to try on. He said I fit perfect in them. They were tight in the crotch(Not quite a wedgie) but close. The stretch panels were not stretched just tight in the upper torsa length? I sat on the bike and they felt fine little tight around my Inner Tube. But I had complete movement and was Comfy. The guy said the leathers would stretch in a couple of track days.

Now you guys that race and do lots of track time Are your leathers...Form Fitting while your standing? Or they tad loose around your entire body?

I have a 2 piece set and they are loose in the pants but was a perfect Jacket never have had a 1 piece so not sure how they should fit. I was at Sportbiketrackgear.com they didnt have a 54 to try but they are primarily a internet company so it wasnt like they were trying to move stock out of the store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 06:42 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
They are tight. Power ranger tight. Not loose at all. In addition to putting a layer of material that resists abrasion in the event of a fall, the purpose of tight leathers is that they act like an ace bandage. Tight leathers will hold your bones together while your arms and legs are flailing around.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 07:19 AM

1 piece suit should be snug fit - like a second skin. The 1 piece should be very comfortable when on the bike and you should have full movement - but not really design to walk around in. I use a 48 or 50 Euro suit and I also slip in a hard back protector.

You should also wear under armour or skins, so you can easily get in and out of hot sticky leathers.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 07:46 AM
The Dude

i have a couple 1-piece. the one that fits better is snug (in the crotch, oh well), isn't comfy standing up (more of a minor hunch). That's better than my other one which is super comfy (too big).

Both can fit a chest and back protector. you should try to fit both in yours.....

not sure how prevalent chest protectors are out in the US. I think they'll be required at the major tracks in japan from next year.....

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Cool thanks for that input sounds like I have the right size then! I know there is rooom for the Knox back protector and I do have full movement on the bike.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 08:21 AM
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2fst View Post
Cool thanks for that input sounds like I have the right size then! I know there is rooom for the Knox back protector and I do have full movement on the bike.

don't mean to hijack (ok, i do), which knox do you have? contour?

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

the Aegis 8 plate
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 09:45 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Al.

Check out the Dianese Seamless race under suit.. I've got one and it makes life so much more easier getting in and out of leathers.

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

They threw in a Psyco skin suit or something like that. Pretty nice
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Also picked up a set of Held Phantom gloves! Red/White/Green They have red/blue/white also they are running those colors $80 off reg price so you know!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode