Need help on boots - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 03:45 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
Need help on boots

I'm happy with my bike, happy with my helmet, happy with my suit but not so happy with my boots. They are as flexible as a brick and I don't like them. I have a pair of shoes that are as flex as a condom and thats what I'm looking for in a pair of boots too. The feel of bare feet with maximum protection....
I've been looking at some but can seem to find what I'm looking for. Can anyone of you point me in the right direction? Thanx.

When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 03:49 AM
Established Member

I wear Gaerne boots , well worn in now , but have allways been very comfortable , you can actually walk around all day in them !
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 04:28 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to brutaleluke
Ooo, tough one here. Typically you cannot go past sidi and Astars. I am currently running sidi b2's for my half serious road riding, and a stars SMX 2 ankle boots for my day to day (thanks to the cash dawg).

I like them both - and if I had to invest in a very serious pair of track boots, I would find to hard to decide.

However, for day to day commuting and weekend warrior stuff...I lean toward the astars. They are just so comfy and so well made (plus they look the goods).

So much good stuff to choose from these days!

BrutaleLuke

"A Tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 05:09 AM

Sidi B2's are some of the most comfy boots out there for street use! I would go Sidi Vertigo or higher for track. The higher end Astars are nice for track also, but not too comfy for everyday street use IMO.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
I've been looking at SIDI Vortice. You need some sort of degree to put them on and they to felt like the boot was not a part of me. The other option would be AlpineStars Supertech R. They felt more flex. I'd buy them all but my wife would have me put in a mental institution.

When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 06:41 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
I wear the predecessor to the Sidi Vortice be it on the track or on the street. Once you have them figured out they work great, protect very well, and they are all day comfortable. They also continue the Vertigo tradition with an “Air” version that really breathes. IMHO the best you can get.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 11:26 AM

check Frey Daytona boots , You can see a whole range of Frey Daytona boots also in 3-D just click on 3D comand and see the boots from any side you want. Also note, that not all Frey Daytona boots are expensive.

Last edited by Nicolino; 08-21-2010 at 11:51 AM.
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 11:35 AM

Anyone has any experience with Frey Daytona boots (security evo) ??? I know they are very expensive ($1000.00) price range but I hear they are the best. You can also buy parts, like inner carbon fiber shell and or outer shell in case of damage. Anyone ???
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 01:16 PM

look in www.spyke.it they got high quality boots

Last edited by juventus1979; 08-21-2010 at 06:49 PM.
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolino View Post
Anyone has any experience with Frey Daytona boots (security evo) ??? I know they are very expensive ($1000.00) price range but I hear they are the best. You can also buy parts, like inner carbon fiber shell and or outer shell in case of damage. Anyone ???
Another vote here for Daytonas. They are very comfortable, you can wear them all day.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode