Bell Star Helmet ?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Bell Star Helmet ??

Can anyone tell me if recent Bell Star helmets differed other than paint schemes?? They are on ebay from around $300.00 to mid 5's. I've seen ones I liked in the lower price range but if the more expensive , current ones have better features, I'll pony up. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 03:23 AM
Established Member

I have the 2009 star, I believe 2010 has a more neutral internal shape as well as a magnetic retainer for the chin strap. Outside of the model year differences, they are all the same, just paint is different.

Here's a good review with differences:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...helmet-review/

If the fit is right, I believe you will really like this helmet.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnegron View Post
I have the 2009 star, I believe 2010 has a more neutral internal shape as well as a magnetic retainer for the chin strap. Outside of the model year differences, they are all the same, just paint is different.

Here's a good review with differences:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...helmet-review/

If the fit is right, I believe you will really like this helmet.
Excellent!! Thanks for the post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:55 AM

It sure is a heavy helmet though.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2envy View Post
It sure is a heavy helmet though.
What ???? not mine. You must be thinking of a lower range, not the Star. lighter then either my Shoei RF-1000 or my Arai RX-7.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
What ???? not mine. You must be thinking of a lower range, not the Star. lighter then either my Shoei RF-1000 or my Arai RX-7.
This coming from the man who's head is smaller than the average 8 year old boy......

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 03:30 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
This coming from the man who's head is smaller than the average 8 year old boy......
Spoken by a man who's penis is smaller than the average 8 year old boy.

“When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.”

Last edited by ErikV; 09-06-2010 at 03:42 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikV View Post
Spoken by a man who's penis is smaller than the average 8 year old boy.
How would you know Erik? Been studying young boys a lot lately? I know The Netherlands is pretty liberal, but that'll get you locked up over here......

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Randy....my hair is all on the outside, making plenty of room for my brain inside the skull, therefore allowing smaller helmet sizes......I notice your hair seems to be inside, certainly not much outside.....so that explains the large melon requiring the XXL helmets...

But seriously, the Bell Star is a very light helmet....and the aerodynamics are the best I have experienced.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 03:11 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
How would you know Erik? Been studying young boys a lot lately? I know The Netherlands is pretty liberal, but that'll get you locked up over here......
I see that you're not in denial. How I know is not important... You fit the Brutie profile perfectly.

“When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.”

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode