You get what you pay for ! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

You get what you pay for !

Last night I was going out to meet some car forum buddies for grub etc, decided to rack up a few more miles on my 312RR.

As I knew it would be dark for the return journey I decided on a clear visor. My AGV Ago Tech 2 has an iridium on it and it took me 15 mins to swap over last time. So I elected to use my trusty old Arai RX7RR as it is just seconds for a visor swap.

On the ride I noticed the lack of a breath guard and just how close the chin bar was but the thing that struck me the most was just how much forward and sideward vision I had.

The AGV makes me angle up to look forward and also gives me a crick neck after a while. It is probably just my own ergonomics [read fat] that causes this riding position.

However I can see me selling the 6 times worn AGV and getting a new Arai very soon

Comments

Allan

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 07:08 AM

I've always been an Arai fan, and have owned the older RX7RR, the RX7 Corsair and now have the RX7 GP too. They're great lids, although the GP's sidepods break too easily (never had that prob with the previous lids).

If you like the vision with the RR, you're going to love the new GP. The extra peripheral vision really makes a difference. Glance to the side and you've got a completely clear view of the road behind you. Tuck down and there's nothing at the top of your vision (Especially if you use the newer 'max vision' arai visors).

Having said that I recently bought a Shoei X-Spirit II... and I love it. I had to trim a few mm of foam from the back edge of the cheekpads (hurt my ears), but now that's done it's super comfy, and also much quieter than the RX7's. The other thing I love is that the vents really work, being much more effective than the Arai's. Open them up and there's a lovely cool breeze all around the lid.

So, cheap lids are for cheap people (and yes, you do get what you pay for).
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 04:40 PM

I have 2 RX7's and a Shoei XSpirit, I have tried Shoei's on for years and they just DIDN'T fit, tried one last year and it fitted? I guess stuff (my head) changes with age

Arai has slightly better build quality but the Shoei is more comfortable and quieter. I use the XSpirit 99% of the time.

Odd lucky13, I find the RX7 vents better, I find the XSpirit one's noisy and not as efficient, strange

I had an AGV about ten years back, the forehead lining used to make my forehead itch and the visor popped off sometimes if I turned my head before an overtake, I got pissed off and flogged it.

You get what you pay for..............a little like carbon fibre

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mikef4uk; 08-08-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 11:12 PM

+ 1 on arai, although I here Shark has some nice lids as well.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 02:02 PM

Cool

Head shape. .

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Established Member

i ve just got the agv gp tech and have to say its not a patch on my aria
the fit is good snug but when on the bike at about 50 upward the
wind comes up the side by my ears and also its very noisy thing is they dont let you test them on the bike so if it feels right in the shop you buy it

verdict will stick with the aria
agv only worn twice and dont like it
cheers nick
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 09:51 PM

Fit is everything.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Established Member

Arais now ever other year for 38 years...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode