What gear you sporting? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

What gear you sporting?

I thought it would be interesting to know what riding gear everyone is using and how they like it? I'm assuming most use something different for normal road use, versus track. Do you all go for just a jacket, two piece, or 1 pc for normal use?? Why? Seems like a 1 pc would be a pain outside of the track, but maybe I haven't thought it through...

I'm trying to decide on a new jacket (full gear (except for the helmet), but having issues determining visualizing a jacket where I can see buying pants, gloves, possibly different boots later and it looking "put together." Let's face it, you've seen the guy sorting gear just detracts from the bike like an ugly sore, and I'd rather than NOT be me...

Personally, right now - I'm sporting Suomy Spec 1 helmet, Joe Rocket reactor 2 jacket, joe rocket alter ego pants (or jeans), rev-it boots. Love the helmet and the jacket/pants are alright - decent protection for textile stuff with armor in the right places, but it ain't leather!!

If anyone has put their gear to the test (get off), and you swear by it - I think others would find it beneficial to know the stuff works!!

So let's hear it!!

06 910S Brutale
97 Ducati Monster 750 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 08:47 AM

Got a lot of gear for different weather/riding.

One thing I'm digging lately with the heat is a two-piece Triumph-branded mesh suit. I wouldn't want to fall off at highway speeds with it but it's a hell of a lot sturdier than any other mesh stuff I have.

Most times I wear my Revit Cayenne Pro suit. A lot of times I'll wear Joe Rocket ventilated leather pants with the jacket.

boots/gloves/helmets - take your pick blah blah

------------------------------
The journey is the reward
Brutale 1090, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Arai, Shoei, Bell Star helmets
A-Star and Sidi Boots
A-Star gloves
MV Corse (MTech) 2-piece leathers for road (no knee pucks, not a "racing" suit)
A-Star 2 piece racing suit for track days
A-Star ballistic fabric armored jacket and Draggin Jeans (kevlar reinforced) for hot summer rides in town.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 10:47 AM

Suomy Spec 1R Helmet, The helmet fits perfect 3rd Suomy helmet and they are light as hell and doesnt give me neck fatigue
Spidi 2 piece suit Was doing track days mostly just wear the jacket
Teknic Speedstar Gloves, 4th pair Teknics Love the feeland the speedstar breathe good
Oxtar boots/ A Star SMX Plus boots Comfy boots
Joe Rocket mesh jacket Had it for a while when I was living in Florida like wearing a T-shirt
MV Turkish made leather riding jacket. Like it and cost was 1/4th of the real MV stuff. Half the people dont know what the bike is so they really cant tell if the jacket is a phony!!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 11:59 AM

For the F4:
Suomy Spec 1R (a real delight after decades Arai) the AGV Ti Tech will be for short rides only (I can't waer this helmet longer than an hour because my compressed ears hurt)
M. Lynn's Revit Race suit (I never new how comfy a good race suit can be) I fear my MV Corse 2 piece suit will not get used that much anymore.
Hot summer MV Corse mesh jacket and MV Corse textile pants.
Winter MV Corse winter jacket and the leather pants of the two piece or the textile pants. Combined with Ducati braces.
MV Corse Racing Gloves and MV Corse summer mesh gloves.
Daytona Security Evo G3 Boots (the Sidi Vertebra are ready for the bin after ten years)
Dainese Seamless underwear.
For my 350B
ALNE one piece Classic race suit.
Arai Jet helmet with Oakley goggles or one of the others.
Puma boots.
A-Star gloves or Spidi Anniversary
Did I forget anything ?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 07:38 PM

Just crash tested mine. Dainese Laguna Seca Pro 1 piece, Spidi gloves, HJC Carbon helmet. Weak link may have been boots. Sidi street/track boots. They are punctured (as is my foot). I think a better boot might have protected better. All else did a great job and likely does not need replacing.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Arai, Shoei, Bell Star helmets
A-Star and Sidi Boots
A-Star gloves
MV Corse (MTech) 2-piece leathers for road (no knee pucks, not a "racing" suit)
A-Star 2 piece racing suit for track days
A-Star ballistic fabric armored jacket and Draggin Jeans (kevlar reinforced) for hot summer rides in town.
Hey esq'z me, Can you comment on the Bell Star helmet? I've been reading what I can find on them and all has been positive. Thanks
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 11:01 PM

Arai Quantum 2 helmet
A-Star leather jacket
A-Star GP-Pro gloves
Sidi B2 boots
Fox knee and shin protector
Any jeans I happen to be wearing at the time.

I think Its time for new gear for me, lol. I keep spending money on the bike though

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 06:48 AM

Vemar Helmet
MV Corse mesh jacket - summer
Dainese textile jacket - winter
Dainese leather pants - winter
Shift jeans - summer
Sidi Vortice boots
A-star SMX 2 boots
Am going to get the knee and shin protector soon either Dainese or A-star.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlance View Post
Hey esq'z me, Can you comment on the Bell Star helmet? I've been reading what I can find on them and all has been positive. Thanks
Very light...best aerodynamics of any helmet I have worn....very easy shield changes.....fantastic ventilation, unfortunately this also means lots of wind noise. I wear ear plugs anyway so that negative doesn't matter.

My favorite helmet right now, but will put the Arai back on when winter comes (see comment on ventilation).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode