Bike-Lift USA lower triple clamp lift/stand review. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

Bike-Lift USA lower triple clamp lift/stand review.

OK, here is a little review of the lift. To my surprise it is 100% made in Italy! There is a sticker that says so, and so does the box. Interesting since the name of the company is Bike-Lift USA. Anyway, the lift required minimal assembly. The instructions were in Italian and useless, but looking at the picture it didn't take more than 10 seconds to figure out how to put it together.

It comes with 2 different pins to use on bikes that have a hole on the lower triple, and the plate for MV Agustas and Ducatis with no hole on the lower triple. A part of the tube was protruding from the top of the plate and for sure it would have scratched the lower triple, so I cut it off with a saw and used a air sander to sand it flush.

I sanded the whole plate to ruff it up and sprayed it with 6 coats of Plasti-Dip rubber coating. 6 layers may have been overkill but I wanted to make sure there was enough rubber on there to #1 give it good non slip grip, and #2 not scratch the lower triple.

The lift seems very well built, and breaks down flat for storage. I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Here is a little video review and some pics of the plate mod. In the video you can see the tube sticking out of the top of the plate that I had to cut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNoekSZEC3A

Here are some pics after cutting the little tube and after spraying on the Plasti-Dip rubber coating.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mv2envy; 07-08-2010 at 04:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 04:48 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up

nice one Joe....

my F&G has the same thing sticking up, must have been for a Ducati too

good fix! thanks my friend

Noel-theknurl

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Noel. It was a easy fix. The rubber coating should keep it from scratching the lower triple also, I did apply 6 coats afterall

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Established Member

Where can you find these in the USA? I can't seem to find where to get them?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 12:23 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up lifts?

Google;
Bike Lift USA

http://www.bikelift.net/en/product/3...AND-11-NEW.asp

they have a bunch of different ones....

get a universal.....lifts by the lower triple one
then just change the adapter and it'll fit any bike.....

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

seems like Amazon stopped selling these, they now only have this model which is a bit more expensive http://www.amazon.com/BIKE-LIFT-FS11...9192089&sr=8-2

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Established Member

Do not know if they have them in stock, but motoworld online has them for a good price.
http://www.motoworldonline.com/Bike-...11_p_4594.html
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9ball View Post
Do not know if they have them in stock, but motoworld online has them for a good price.
http://www.motoworldonline.com/Bike-...11_p_4594.html
thanks!

I realize this thread is ancient, but wanted to thank the previous poster for notifying me of the Bike-lift vendor here in the States. $164 with free shipping for a rear stand. Not bad! Was trying to find a US dealer for the FG or Lightech rear stands and could not find any ones that were reasonably priced compared to the Italian vendors priced in Euro currency(strong dollar these days propping up ebay.it!!! bought a bunch of stuff this weekend from Italy, online). Anyways, just posted so that others have an alternative to the $175 pitbull stand(which is awesome btw, but I wanted a red stand cos, well, I guess im just vane like that)... a rear stand really shouldnt cost more than a buckfitty anways.

EDIT: looks like i spoke too soon. Had my order refunded the next day due to the part being out of stock... so it looks like i am inthe market for a used pitbull stand for $80-100 and a $5 can of red plastidip

Last edited by drunkentrader; 04-07-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode