Summer Pants - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Question Summer Pants

Hi guys,

I want to get myself a pair of good quality summer pants. It gets pretty hot here and temps easily cross 45C i.e. 113F + temps and bike temp reaching a good 105C (220F) so most of the riding will be done only late night. Cant imagine wearing the leather pants but do not want to be without protection at all. ATGATT (did i get that right !!! )
I would like to buy pants that can breathe very well but do not sacrifice in any way on protection against abrasion and impact. As leather is best against abrasion I do not mind a mix of textile and leather.
Would like to hear what you guys have and what is your experience on summer pants. I wish I could check them out for myslf but we dont have good stores that keep stock of items for me to look at or try so your input is going to be very helpful.
Thanks,
Sarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 05:56 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
The fully perforated pants from Vanson work well.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Established Member

It makes a big difference if you wear something like Under Armour under the leathers.

Also try an evaporative vest for more cooling.
http://www.soundrider.com/archive/pr...oling_vest.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

anyone tried these?

Alpinestars "A-10 Air-Flo" Pants
or
DAINESE 2010 "New Drake Air Tex" Pants
or
DAINESE "Drake Air" Pant
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
The fully perforated pants from Vanson work well.
Thanks Cag ...... I tried looking for these pants but found the Vanson only in leather. DO you have any link for the pants you are talking about?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 05:41 AM
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ww73 View Post
It makes a big difference if you wear something like Under Armour under the leathers.

Also try an evaporative vest for more cooling.
http://www.soundrider.com/archive/pr...oling_vest.htm

I agree with the under-wear.

I wear long sleeve tops and long underwear bottoms that are synthetic in all seasons. It's really the way to go....

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 05:52 AM
The Dude

I most always wear Draggin' Jeans. I use either Fox MX knee armor or Forcefield Knee armor. I don't have any hip padding, which I'm not super psyched about. Looking for something now, but not sure if it will fit with the current jeans, as they are a bit tight in the ass/hip area. Thinking to buy a pair that is one size up and see how that works.

I hear draggin jeans made in the US have less kevlar lining than those made in Oz. I've only got ones made in Oz, so can't comment, but something for you to be aware of if you are shopping for them.

The jean models are relatively slim I think. I usually use the cargo-styles, which are a bit more generous.....

I also have some perf'ed textile pants from Kushitani. Pretty good. Wonder where they are.....

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 06:24 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Thanks Cag ...... I tried looking for these pants but found the Vanson only in leather. DO you have any link for the pants you are talking about?
They only make them in leather.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 12:30 PM

I found the dragging jeans a huge letdown as i wore them on and off the bike.The stitching just gave way my previous pair of Ikon were at least twice as durable and cheaper
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

I was looking at a pair of Shift jeans (anyone tried these) and realised that at the most they might save me from abrasion (which offcourse is better than nothing). So if I end up buying the knee gards and some underpants for the hip and ass padding. I end up spending as much as I would for a good textile pants. Unfortunately here they are not available off the self nor do I know of anyone who have tried any of these pants to get their input. Going thru the web sites it gets a bit confusing.

Tokyo launch,
how were the textile pants from Kushitani. I think they are on sale at the moment and come with knee gaurds. Are the ones you have same as the ones in the link below. If yes is there any protection on the hips and ass area.
http://www.kushitanionlinestore.com/...CLEARANCE.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode