Smelly leathers - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Smelly leathers

Guys,

I was at the track this weekend and noticed my leathers are getting pretty ripe. Anybody have any suggestions on how to de-stinkify riding leathers?

Elton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 11:21 AM

Dont the leathers come with this kinda cleaning bottle, and a leather care bottle? I know Dainese does.

Here is a link on how to clean

http://www.esportbike.com/forums/sho....php?p=1018156

Last edited by Belloq; 04-05-2010 at 11:25 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Belloq,

Takk skall do har!

Thanks for the link, but that thread is about cleaning the outside of leathers; I'm trying to figure out a way to get the stench of human sweat out of the inside of my leathers. Di lukte vundt!

Ha det bra,

Elton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 08:15 PM

Febreze is a pretty good de-stinker.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

I use Eucalytus oil spray in my downhill body armour. not only does it get rid of the body stench but clears your sinsus' as well I am sure some form of eucalytus oil spray must be available over there & it is not like fragrance cover ups that makes smell like lavender even after you shower 15 times & eventually you wonder which is actually the greater evil

http://www.chemistdirect.com.au/bosi...tus-spray-200g

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 01:57 AM

I just wash mine by hand in warm soapy water (pure soap such as Lux flakes) and then hang them to dry in a cool place and out of direct sunlight. It takes a while, days, so make sure you don't need them in a hurry.

the leather care supplied by dainese and other manufacturers is to preserve the leather and ensure it doesn't dry out and has nothing to do with keeping them clean.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinflux View Post
Belloq,

Takk skall do har!

Thanks for the link, but that thread is about cleaning the outside of leathers; I'm trying to figure out a way to get the stench of human sweat out of the inside of my leathers. Di lukte vundt!

Ha det bra,

Elton
Ahh sorry m8 i thought the link also meantiond the inside of the leather, well my mistake. Good Norwegian by the way
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 07:23 PM

Best thing would be if You can take the liner out and put it in a laundry machine. If you can't get the liner out than you should look into the removabilty with your next purchase. Another option would be to take the protectors out and turn your suit inside out. This would leave You the possibilty to wash and let it dry.
I did read also that You can trough the complete leathers (Protectors removed) into a laundry. Once completly dried You should feed the leather with leather conditioner,... I never was so far to try this. So don't ask for my experience.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode