Helmet Question ??? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Helmet Question ???

Hi all, I interested in getting a new helmet and these are the two brands I'm currently looking at. Vemar VSREV and OGK FF4. My questions are. Which one is do you think is better and why ? Also I not able to try on either one. OGK is not in the states as far as I can tell and no Vemar dealer close enough. I am Medium in HJC AC-12 , Arai Corser V and Shoei X-11 and RF-1100. So would a medium fit me in either on of these.

Thanks,
Rob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by endgrain; 01-17-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 08:55 PM

Both fits are just different enough (very "european") that I would never but one without trying it on first.
Fit is FOREMOST.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6 View Post
Both fits are just different enough (very "european") that I would never but one without trying it on first.
Fit is FOREMOST.
Totally agree, I had a Shoei helmet XL before and bought an Arai helmet, but needed size XXL, so it can make a big difference what brand you take.

MV Agusta F4S EVO3
MV Agusta SPR (crashed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
MV Agusta 350 Ipotesi
MV Agusta F4 1000 S (sold)
Suzuki GSX R 1000 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 06:07 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgrain View Post
Hi all, I interested in getting a new helmet and these are the two brands I'm currently looking at. Vemar VSREV and OGK FF4. My questions are. Which one is do you think is better and why ? Also I not able to try on either one. OGK is not in the states as far as I can tell and no Vemar dealer close enough. I am Medium in HJC AC-12 , Arai Corser V and Shoei X-11 and RF-1100. So would a medium fit me in either on of these.

Thanks,
Rob

Headshape. Fit. Quality (it's your head). AGV? They fit me well; oblong headshape.

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 07:54 PM

Hey Rob,

I've had both helmets. The OGK is a nice track helmet. It's very snug and not as quiet. The VSREV is also a nice track helmet but it seems to fit bigger. I usually wear a size small and I had to get x-small cheekpads for the VSREV to fit properly.

The OGK has the normal Japanese fit, while the VSREV is a little different. My noggin fits a my Suomy (Extreme and Vandal) best. My X-lite, RX-7 then my TiTech, in that order.

I've sold my OGK and in the process of selling one of my VSREV. It just doesn't fit me too well.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies.
I'm planning on heading up to NY in a few months and will stop off in Maryland. There is a Vemar dealer there. i'm also looking Shoei or AGV. I just have not found a graphic I like on the Shoei Rf-1000 or rf-1100. seem better suited for a chopper gas tank IMHO. I do like the graphics on the x-11 but did not like the fit. Love the AGV's but not much of a discount on the ones I like.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode