AGV SOLD! Back to Arai - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

AGV SOLD! Back to Arai

I just couldn't take this anymore. My AGV GP TECH was very promissing initially , but the reality, is that it was very unconfortable, when tryied to tug in the straights., the visibility was very limited. Also, the snap on the strap is separated from it, so it is all over the place , and is a pain to find it. 2 important reasons to get ARAI. I'm very happy again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
which one did you get? Corsair V?

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomarti1 View Post
I just couldn't take this anymore. My AGV GP TECH was very promissing initially , but the reality, is that it was very unconfortable, when tryied to tug in the straights., the visibility was very limited. Also, the snap on the strap is separated from it, so it is all over the place , and is a pain to find it. 2 important reasons to get ARAI. I'm very happy again.
:-)

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 07:49 AM

The AGV is a bit getting used to but now I have 3 lol. I just love them. I thought at first I had tugging problems as well at the track but then I just found the solution...sit back a little bit on the seat and that will give more room to tuck in and voila tugging is gone

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryad View Post
The AGV is a bit getting used to but now I have 3 lol. I just love them. I thought at first I had tugging problems as well at the track but then I just found the solution...sit back a little bit on the seat and that will give more room to tuck in and voila tugging is gone
didn't work for me. I'd probably had to sit on the license plate
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneggs&ham View Post
which one did you get? Corsair V?
I got the Profile force red. Couple of pics in my album.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 07:29 AM
I used to have AGV helmets for years, then I got a RX7 Arai, don't think I'll be going back to any AGV now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 09:09 PM

i am glad i didn't go for it. i did seriously consider it (mainly because of Rossi's replica). but, the reviews had some concerns. but, the deal breaker was that the visor can't be left open (a bit) while riding. the reviews commented that the visor will close shut. in summer, i leave my visor crack-open most of the time; it feels great with the wind rushing in! also, at Indy MotoGP, i checked it out; i was underwhelmed by the feel and apparent quality!

i am totally happy with Shoei's X-Eleven. arguably, it has 'the' best visor mechanism. removing and putting it back is a snap (pun intended)! even after about 5 years of use, it still looks new, and feels great! i want to check out the new model that replaces X-Eleven. initial review suggested that it is slightly heavier than X-Eleven.

cheers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode