Constands Center Pro Motorcycle Paddock Stand - MVAgusta.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Constands Center Pro Motorcycle Paddock Stand

I needed a way to lift the rear of the bike for wheel changes AND sprocket hub cush rubber replacements. The old Pitbull one arm wasn't cutting it.

I was set to get an Alba or Constands setup for center lift, when I saw this center stand option.

The ConStand video:

Works pretty well! I used a 6mm hex wrench socket on the right side in the small hole.
Attached Images

esq'z me likes this.

2010 Brutale 990R - 1994 Elefant 900 - 2006 KTM 450EXC Street Legal

Last edited by falcn; 07-03-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 02:49 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Question ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcn View Post
I needed a way to lift the rear of the bike for wheel changes AND sprocket hub cush rubber replacements. The old Pitbull one arm wasn't cutting it.
I have a T-Rex basically the same as a Pit Bull........It lifts from both sides, so I can work on both sides
So what's the problem?
Teeps likes this.

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 08:03 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I am not a fan of Paddock Stands because it does not lift both wheels. I have a ConStands central lift which is very very rigid when you lower it to the wheels just barely touching the ground. It is perfect for loosening the central nut and when completely lifted for removing (both) wheels, exhaust (or anything else). Plus it is a quick release system. My bike is always stored lifted.
Attached Images

Armando1969 and falcn like this.

2003 MV Agusta Brutale 750S

Last edited by Robbedoes; 07-04-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 09:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
ABBA for me, and with fittings to suit most bikes it's excellent for multi-bike owners.
Attached Images

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:07 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
I have a T-Rex basically the same as a Pit Bull........It lifts from both sides, so I can work on both sides
So what's the problem?
Can't remove the hub for service.... but you already know that.

I have a Bursig knock-off I got from Alex when he sold them (the ConStands is the same design. Bursig was the original). Great for hubs and forks and both wheels at once.
falcn likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 02:53 PM

Thumbs up ?

Ed;
One of my Mitch Hubs has ~34,000mi on it, hasn't been serviced yet.....I told Mitch, I'd wait until 50,000mi
Amongst otherthings, I have a Handy Lift and a K&L Fat Jack, those and a 4"x6" wood block will get the job done
And the Fat Jack stores under the Handy Lift too
Attached Images

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 07-04-2019 at 04:25 PM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I have a Handy lift and a flat jack too...but one wheel needs to be in the wheel vise to do it that way. With the center lift "Bursig" stand I can take both wheels off at the same time to go mount new tires when I want.

I'm fortunate to have a couple of shops that will let me use their tire machines to change out the tires, then I go home and balance them.
falcn likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 04:09 PM

Thumbs up ?

Ed;
The OP wanted to change the rubbers in the cush drive and change tires......he can do that very well with his Pit Bull
1st remove and replace the tire, let it down and torque the wheel nut, don't put the clip in yet
2nd move the Pit Bull to the right side and service the cush drive
3rd let the bike down and replace the wheel nut clip

The Con Stand saves you from moving the stand from left to right BUT it's probably 3 times as big and doesn't lift the front either
I'd much rather use a single sided stand .....and they're way smaller to store

In my pictures I used the front clamp, but you can also use tie downs with soft ties to the Handy Lift and THEN do the last
of the lifting with the Fat Jack

To change both wheels on the Handy Lift, I use an F&G stand on the rear and the Fat Jack on the front of the motor with an
adaptor to the front outside main bolts

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
I find the Constands Center stand with the arm off to be easier to store.

It is also more secure on the stand, and I don't have to drop the bike to switch sides. AND it works on multiple bikes in my garage.

Just giving an opinion on a stand I like. Everyone has their preferences.

2010 Brutale 990R - 1994 Elefant 900 - 2006 KTM 450EXC Street Legal
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:28 PM
Al-

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
Ed;
The OP wanted to change the rubbers in the cush drive and change tires......he can do that very well with his Pit Bull
1st remove and replace the tire, let it down and torque the wheel nut, don't put the clip in yet
2nd move the Pit Bull to the right side and service the cush drive
3rd let the bike down and replace the wheel nut clip

The Con Stand saves you from moving the stand from left to right BUT it's probably 3 times as big and doesn't lift the front either
I'd much rather use a single sided stand .....and they're way smaller to store

In my pictures I used the front clamp, but you can also use tie downs with soft ties to the Handy Lift and THEN do the last
of the lifting with the Fat Jack

To change both wheels on the Handy Lift, I use an F&G stand on the rear and the Fat Jack on the front of the motor with an
adaptor to the front outside main bolts
The constand folds flat, so I'd wager by USPS standards it takes up less space than a rear wheel only stand. It lifts the whole bike at once, front and rear. The only issue I have with mine is that I will have to build my own adapter for 2010+ F4s as the bursig adapter doesn't fit.

2004 F4 SPR F4RR Corsacorta Powered
2006 Brutale 910S
2012 F4 RR
2012 F4 RR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode