F3 675: lithium battery - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 09:40 AM

New Site Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostscot View Post
The thing that worries me about lipos is the tendency to catch fire when charging... I ran one on my cafe but that was old and ratty, not sure Id take the risk on my MV.

I have a drone professionally (inspire 2) and part of my routine that I have to legally comply with is to charge all batteries in fireproof bags and not leave them unattended while charging...

Not saying it will happen to you, but Just saying...
You're not talking about the same battery mate, read more on this site about differences in Lithium based batteries.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun View Post
I bought the one sold my cyclegear when it was on sale, and it also has some really good reviews.. also i get that super 10% military discount at cyclegear. If someone is out fo the US and needs one, more than happy to help facilitate getting it over to you, also tax free & i get 10% discount there.

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessorie...mb1100-lithium
That is a relabeled NOCO Genius 1100 charger. That's a good price and a really good charger. And the lastest model (in your link) too, so suitable for Li batteries!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 12:25 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostscot View Post
The thing that worries me about lipos is the tendency to catch fire when charging... I ran one on my cafe but that was old and ratty, not sure Id take the risk on my MV.
I had the same worries. Implemented a lithium battery, but followed a few things :
First, before you put a Lithium battery in the bike, check charge circuit (if tension while engine is running is over 14.8V, you should check the regulator). Then, a small voltmeter displayed on the dashboard should help as well to avoid any issue and detect any regulator issue. Last, disconnect the battery while the bike is not running for long time (you won't have to recharge again when you reconnect to start the bike).
lostscot likes this.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 05:19 PM

So just an added note on 'warming up' your lithium battery for optimum performance

Recently i camped overnight near Mann River in NSW Australia - 2 degrees overnight. Switched my Oxford heated grips on on high for three minutes - the bike lazily turned over but not fast enough. Waited a further two minutes (with grips still on) and she fired up easily.

So if your battery is cold make sure to heat it up by putting something on that draws current - 5min with your heated grips should do it.
Donsy likes this.

Faster and Faster untill the fear of death subsides.....
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Hi,
I have bought this battery ( https://www.skyrichbattery.com/produ...roducts_id=572 ). My mechanic will mount it but I have a doubt about initialization. Because he can't attach the battery on charge maintainer to do the first full recharge and so I think that I will take the bike from him and I will return to home where I can do the recharge.
So, Is it ok if the first full recharge I will do after the battery mounting (obviously I will turn on the bike to return to home)?
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:56 AM

New Site Garage
Those batteries don't need "initialisation" man, go for a 15-20 min ride.
Ducati23 likes this.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
The Following User Says Thank You to Donsy For This Useful Post:
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Hi,
also this time I have been unlucky and, after a problem on my bike (and after a lot of attempts to start the bike), the battery goes down and now it isn't more efficient.
So, I have to change and I think to return to "normal" battery to avoid this problem (a "normal" battery I think that if goes down is rechargeable and it not lose the efficient).
I think to buy a YUASA battery.

What do you think?
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 10:07 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by .fabioss. View Post

What do you think?
Yuasa is the "Gold Standard" for AGM motorcycle batteries. I think you will be making a good choice. Get a good "smart" battery tender to go with it.
theknurl likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
The Following User Says Thank You to esq'z me For This Useful Post:
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 10:23 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Quote:
Originally Posted by .fabioss. View Post
Hi,
also this time I have been unlucky and, after a problem on my bike (and after a lot of attempts to start the bike), the battery goes down and now it isn't more efficient.
So, I have to change and I think to return to "normal" battery to avoid this problem (a "normal" battery I think that if goes down is rechargeable and it not lose the efficient).

What do you think?
I think you are correct.

This is the battery you want:

Name:  ytz10s.png
Views: 48
Size:  74.5 KB

Before you install the battery, trickle charge the battery for 24 hours on a smart charger. You will have a much better result and longer battery life if you do.
esq'z me and theknurl like this.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
The Following User Says Thank You to silentservice703 For This Useful Post:
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I found two models:
- Yuasa TTZ10S
- Yuasa YTZ10S

Do you confirm that YTZ10S is the newer model?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode