CNC frame caps & bar ends - MVAgusta.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
bbycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Has anyone bought them and tried installing it themselves? I’m having a hard time installing 2 caps. They just seem a bit off.
As for the bar ends, there’s some sort of weights? Inside the bar. You can also see they kinda screw in and the CNC don’t. I’ve never seen this before. Any suggestions? Thanks ✌️
Attached Images
       

Last edited by bbycakes; 06-26-2018 at 11:00 AM.
bbycakes is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 08:37 PM
Old Wing Nut
 
esq'z me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 17,401
Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The bar ends are like expansion fasteners.....like a big well nut. Slide it in and tighten up the screw....the rubber bush will compress and swell to hold the inside of the bar.

No help on the frame plugs, sorry.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
esq'z me is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 10:25 PM
New Member
 
TheycallmeJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 31
Hopefully there are a couple of different size rubbers with your bar ends. I had to shave the rubbers a bit with mine so they would fit in side my bars. As long as you can get the nut inside you should be able to work something out.
TheycallmeJeff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 08:27 PM
Senior Member
 
haupti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Görlitz, Germany
Posts: 3,869
Yeah screw that Bar End in a bit, but do not tight it, and then work that thing out.
No help on this frame plugs from me, those things add only unnecessary weight, and are obsolete in my eyes.
haupti is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
bbycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
The bar ends are like expansion fasteners.....like a big well nut. Slide it in and tighten up the screw....the rubber bush will compress and swell to hold the inside of the bar.

No help on the frame plugs, sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheycallmeJeff View Post
Hopefully there are a couple of different size rubbers with your bar ends. I had to shave the rubbers a bit with mine so they would fit in side my bars. As long as you can get the nut inside you should be able to work something out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
Yeah screw that Bar End in a bit, but do not tight it, and then work that thing out.
No help on this frame plugs from me, those things add only unnecessary weight, and are obsolete in my eyes.

Thanks for the input guys but I just decided to return them. They didn’t have much weight in them. I got them mostly for the added weight and looks of course. My bars are very vibey so unfortunately I have no choice but to have weighted bar ends
bbycakes is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 01:40 PM
Old Wing Nut
 
esq'z me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 17,401
Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbycakes View Post
Thanks for the input guys but I just decided to return them. They didn’t have much weight in them. I got them mostly for the added weight and looks of course. My bars are very vibey so unfortunately I have no choice but to have weighted bar ends
I have Motovations weighted bar ends with the recess for CRG LaneSplitter mirrors. That and gel grips took care of my vibes.

You can also look into a "Bar Snake". They work well.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
esq'z me is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome