Brutale 800 2018 - Koso Apollo Heated Grips - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By MarcSilverTriple

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Question Brutale 800 2018 - Koso Apollo Heated Grips

Iím looking at heated grips, but donít want the bulky add on to make my bike look ugly you get from the Oxford grips.

Has anyone installed the Koso Apollo Heated Grips?

More details on Revzilla.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 07:16 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfallon View Post
Iím looking at heated grips, but donít want the bulky add on to make my bike look ugly you get from the Oxford grips.

Has anyone installed the Koso Apollo Heated Grips?

More details on Revzilla.
If you want a solution that doesn't change the look of your bike, look at COOLRIDE | Griffheizung von Coolride - DIE Alternative zu Heizgriffen!
I was having those on my Monster before, and that is the best solution I know for heated grips. It's a bit touchy to mount, but it works even better than any solution based on the grips only.
Edward and Edward like this.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Looking forward for MVArdeche event in 2019
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thanks Marc, I did look at the COOLRIDE inserts, but I wasn't really sold on the idea, particularly given the relatively small hole in the bar with the screw in bar ends. I didn't see how you'd be able to have something which sat tight in the bar end.

The other option there would be to change the bars for something with a standard end profile, but that in itself would be a challenge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 01:39 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfallon View Post
Thanks Marc, I did look at the COOLRIDE inserts, but I wasn't really sold on the idea, particularly given the relatively small hole in the bar with the screw in bar ends. I didn't see how you'd be able to have something which sat tight in the bar end.

The other option there would be to change the bars for something with a standard end profile, but that in itself would be a challenge.

You may contact them for advise with pictures of your handlebar (here is how they mount it on a Speed Triple :
). I had standard heat grips on my Turismo Veloce, and I can tell you there are far less efficient. With the cook ride the single fact the heat cartridge is in the handlebar gives a bit more heat inertia, and as a result once the grip is at temp, it radiates around. I was able to ride with summer gloves the whole year with those. It's far from being the case on the Turismo (and that has handguard in addition).

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Looking forward for MVArdeche event in 2019
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 01:36 PM

New Site Garage
I bought my wife a set of the Koso for her Monster. I will be installing them soon. They look nice, no extra module to worry about mounting. I just put a set of Bike Master ones on her Duke with the mini control module. I'm planning the BM on my Elefant and another KOSO set on my Brutale.

I tested the Koso off the bike to verify functionality before install and they work well. Always check before install to know if you have a good set with no controller issues.

2010 Brutale 990R - 1994 Elefant 900 - 2006 KTM 450EXC Street Legal
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 06:15 PM

I had a friend back in high school who rode his bike in and he had these massive thermal gauntlets to keep his hands warm during the winter. I rode to work last Friday (southern Arizona) and the wind chill had to have been around 25 Fahrenheit - it was 45 when I left. 80mph on the highway was ice cold even though I was layered up for it; I neglected my poor hands.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 12:38 AM

New Site Garage
Hippo hands work great, but I'm probably not taking the Brutale if it is that cold.

2010 Brutale 990R - 1994 Elefant 900 - 2006 KTM 450EXC Street Legal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode